Who Scared Of Putting The Heating On? Disgrace.

Yeah, have you seen those spontaneous human combustion pics, they're always old biddies, maybe you're missing a business opportunity here, and some free heat.

I'm surprised old uns combust..:huh:

I would have thought their pissy pants would put the fire out.:P

Are you mad? Have you seen the figures of old people who are DIEING every year? Good for you mate, many of theses 'old people' paided taxes and fought a war so you can post on a forum like this. Bah!

Unless they were born in the 1920s, i don`t think that bit is true is it?:huh:

Apparently, if the (domestic) hot water does not reach a minimum temp of 60 degrees there is a risk of Legionnaires disease-be careful:(

The water heater in this house won't go up to 60'C. - It has an anti-scald device built in.

I thought that as the water was chlorinated before you got it, any L pneumophila in the water would've been killed?

The elderly get a fuel allowance to cover their winter bill.Try putting extra layers of clothing on and a hat, also try doing exercise while watching TV you'll soon work up a sweat and feel warm.

I have weights in my bedroom.So a few squats warm my cockles.

It's about 8C in my flat atm, haven't had the heating on this year, bar a couple of occasions when I've had elderly guests.

I don't find it cold. My annual electric and gas bills are under £280, whilst my nan receives more than this in fuel benefit; £200 winter fuel allowance + £80 utility credit + £25/week cold weather payments if cold enough.

I find the summer worse than the winter, will get round to putting in AC at some point so I can keep the temp below 20C all year round!

Are you an inuit? or a yeti?

Or just tight as a nuns crutch.:P

The water heater in this house won't go up to 60'C. - It has an anti-scald device built in.

I thought that as the water was chlorinated before you got it, any L pneumophila in the water would've been killed?

This is from the website below.

People often keep the temperature in their hot water tanks set low to prevent scalding, but to kill the Legionnaires bacteria, Stout recommends temporarily turning up the temperature to above 140 Degrees F and running the hot water outlets for half an hour. Since the bacteria quickly return, this should be done regularly, especially if people prone to the infection are using the water. If the temperature is kept high, the bacteria return much more slowly or not at all.

http://www.accepta.com/industry_water_treatment/legionnaires-disease-domestic-hot-water.asp

Archived