Who Scared Of Putting The Heating On? Disgrace.

Don't think ours does either, if I have the heating on full blast for 2 hours as someone once suggested, I only feel the effects while its on, soon as I turn it off, its freezing!

yeah ours is exactly the same! we have a cellar under the living room too and laminate floor throughout whole house so floor is so cold too (its rented, not my choice in such a cold house)

we tried the having the heating on low all time thing but it cost more as i think heat is just escaping, the minute heating is off it gets cold again

Can`t you get a grant for that?

you can yes, but we live in an old victorian style end terrace and the walls are not suitable for cavity wall insulation (i've had someone round already to check it), either no cavity or is too small. There is a room in the loft space too so not enough area for extra loft insulation either.

With style of house the high ceilings also dont help, dont think i'd be in a hurry to live in this type of house again

Archived