Karl Lagerfeld says Adele is 'too fat'.

It's not acceptable to judge people on their appearance (unless they're asking to be judged by it, of course) and that applies to whether you think that they're ugly or pretty, thin or fat just as much as it does to what colour their skin is or whether they have a missing limb.

We're HUMAN BEINGS and we come in lots of different sizes, shapes and colours, and they're all FINE.

after admitting that he clashed with a female German journalist when she asked him to remove his sunglasses during an interview: 'She wore a yellow sweater that was kind of see-through. She had huge tits and a huge black bra, and she said to me, “It’s impolite; remove your glasses.” I said, “Do I ask you to remove your bra?”'
He's growing on me :D

It's not acceptable to judge people on their appearance (unless they're asking to be judged by it, of course) and that applies to whether you think that they're ugly or pretty, thin or fat just as much as it does to what colour their skin is or whether they have a missing limb.

We're HUMAN BEINGS and we come in lots of different sizes, shapes and colours, and they're all FINE.

Exactly.

If someone had commented in the news about a celebrity being 'a little too thin' no one would have made a thread on here. No one would have cared or given a thought to how that might make the person feel.

If there had been a thread it would probably have been a whole load of people agreeing with the comments and saying 'she must starve herself' or 'I bet she's not really happy' and other things like that.

As soon as someone's 'a little too fat' woah well she's a 'real woman', 'proud' with 'curves'. Not 'yea she is a fatty, I bet she stuffs her face all the time' which is the equivalent of what slim people get.

Total double standards all the time :rant:

The reason for the double standard is because thin is seen as desirable and associated with self-discipline and fat is regarded as undesirable and the result of laziness, letting oneself go and self-indulgence. To tell someone how thin they are is often seen as a compliment whereas to tell someone that they are fat is seen as an insult. Either way, I seldom comment on anyone's appearance other than to say something along the lines of 'you look nice' etc.

Archived