Karl Lagerfeld says Adele is 'too fat'.

Well, I've learnt something today (3 things.)

1. There is a fashion designer called Lagerfeld.

2. There is a singer called Adele

3. She is slightly overweight.

I'm now a little better informed (though none the wiser. ;))

Lagerfeld and Adele have received some free advertising.

I don't suppose either of them is unhappy about that.

You have to keep up with the modern trend! Have you learnt a few words of french too? or is it spanish i can't always tell the difference.:hihi:

Yep and my response was, yes - am shortly to be on a computer ban (after being left unsupervised and ending up on here). Oh well, never mind, forget it.
Actually, my bad, Suffragette - that was me being slow. Hand duly self-slapped, Mom :D

Was it the bra comment that did it?!:hihi:
I have a thing for good put-downs. Especially when they are lashed at haughty German provocateur-journos :D (I mean, asking Lagerfeld to take off his trade mark 80s-teutonic/terminator sunglasses...really?!? :rolleyes:)

And for people who speak their mind - rightly or wrongly, who cares, so long as it's anti-PC.

RB's comment is pretty spot-on, though I don't think Adele actually needs the extra freebie media exposure...for now, that is. Let's reconsider in a year or five ;)

Lagerfeld is an old hand, and has probably forgotten more about fashion/couture than most in that game will ever know...'though he might be eyeing an appointment at a younger/more trendy brand, and a bit of scandal-for-show always helps in that context: it's fashuuun...as superficial as it gets, FGS!

I do dislike the term 'real women'. Women's natural body shapes are as varied as can be. There's nothing inauthentic about women whose default body type doesn't fit the curvy uniform of the supposed 'real' woman.

I hate that too - you're not a 'real woman' unless you're slim but also have perfect curves and massive bazongas (sp.) :roll:

I've come over all afluster seeing my name so many times in bold on this page!

why are we bothered??

I do dislike the term 'real women'. Women's natural body shapes are as varied as can be. There's nothing inauthentic about women whose default body type doesn't fit the curvy uniform of the supposed 'real' woman.

I hate that too - you're not a 'real woman' unless you're slim but also have perfect curves and massive bazongas (sp.) :roll:

:clap:

I too hate the phrase 'real woman/women' that often gets bandied around. It just seems to be a way to make one group feel good about themselves by making those who don't fit into it feel like a lesser woman. Not nice.

According to the link he said she was 'a little fat', but also said she has a beautiful face and a divine voice ... all true. To someone surrounded all day by stick thin giantesses, a normal looking female like Adele is obviously going to be judged by those standards.

He said worse things about other things, but predictably the journo seized on the unflattering comment about a woman for the headline! :D

These journos do like to stir things up:rolleyes:

:clap:

I too hate the phrase 'real woman/women' that often gets bandied around. It just seems to be a way to make one group feel good about themselves by making those who don't fit into it feel like a lesser woman. Not nice.

Checkout this real woman. Yes, she really is real.

I didn't mean that any shape wasn't real I meant real as in actual women and not the images we see in films or magazine's that have been altered/false.

Archived