Presthaven sands

Hi,

surely someone on here can put my mind at rest.

We have booked another sun holiday. Last year we went to haven at Thorpe Park and had a fantastic time. After loads of issues with my booking Due to needing a bigger accommodation etc Ive finally got it sorted with head office.

BUT!! yes theres a but. Now im kind of questioning myself. I could of possibly got my holiday swapped to Thorpe Park but Ive stuck with Presthaven. now im feeling abit like I shouldnt have. After reading reviews on the trip advisor site Im wondering if I should of swapped as the reviews are not that good.

So, Has anyone been and can you tell me what its like please.

I am quite saddened to read that Presthaven Sands doesn't have good reviews anymore.

I have many fond memories of holidaying in the 80's at Presthaven Sands but I expect that like a lot of these holiday resorts money hasn't been invested on the site (although they are still quite prepared to take holidaymaker's money!) and it has been left to deteriorate over the years.

Such a shame!

From my experience its the company trying to do too much with too few staff. They don't get long enough to clean them, so you might get a good van if it was one of the first to be cleaned that day, or a scruffy one if it was one towards the end when they're pushed for time.

And the cheap Sun holidays attract the dregs from Merseyside. Although it doesn't quite add up when they don't buy The Sun newspaper, yet go on the holidays?

I've only ever done 1 sun 'holiday' - not to the same place as OP going but it was Pontins Prestatyn. We didn't even stay the night- we checked in, saw the chalet and left straight away, after argueing with manager for a refund. It was a dive, fag ends, hairs, dirt, mould and a urine soaked settee. I complained to the sun who referred me back to pontins who basically couldn't give a ****.

Never again will I go on a sun holiday!! I hope the place you've chosen turns out better!

It all depends how you're going to do your holiday. The surrounding area is beautiful so it would be a shame to miss out on all that if you're just using the van as a base for eating and sleeping. I'm lucky because I'm only 15 minutes away from Wales so I can enjoy it and just go home at the end of the day!

But if you do the whole holiday on the park, you could be disappointed.

Archived