Is the Conservative Party full of homosexuals?

I think the question is:

"Why does it matter if somebody is gay?"

You seem to have issues with it, by making it an issue.

For the sixth time, I couldn't care less if they are gay.

If Hague is gay normally I'd say it's his business, between him and Ffion.

BUT

he was absent for all votes on equalising the age of consent; voted against gays in the military; voted to retain section 28 (and put a three line whip on it - even sacking two front benchers who refused to back it); voted against gay men and women adopting children.

If Coulson blocked a story and photo that would have incriminated Hague then it's a murky business indeed.

he was absent for all votes on equalising the age of consent; voted against gays in the military; voted to retain section 28 (and put a three line whip on it - even sacking two front benchers who refused to back it); voted against gay men and women adopting children.

I'm confused here (not for the first time :) ) Are you saying that if Billy is gay then he should automatically back all the pro-gay agenda.. for want of a better phrase..?

I'm confused here (not for the first time :) ) Are you saying that if Billy is gay then he should automatically back all the pro-gay agenda.. for want of a better phrase..?

Nope. If Hague were straight and had been sharing his room with an attractive young female researcher the scandal would have been as strong and it really is a public interest question if he is employing a lover.

What do you get if you cross William Hague and the Pakistan Cricket Team?

More ball-tampering allegations.

In the very same article that Ken Livingstone wondered over the number of gays in the Tory Party, he also said that whist being the Mayor of London he had frequent dealings with bank chiefs. Having met them he wondered whether "bankers' bonuses are like penis extensions, among a small league of men".

I'm surprised that it wasn't his theory about the big swinging knobs in high finance that grabbed the headlines, rather than the gays in the Tory Party

Nope. If Hague were straight and had been sharing his room with an attractive young female researcher the scandal would have been as strong and it really is a public interest question if he is employing a lover.

What do you get if you cross William Hague and the Pakistan Cricket Team?

More ball-tampering allegations.

So what does not voting/being absent have to do with it all if the problem is his employee?

What's it matter? What we do in our sex lives is private.

I know. That's what me and a few others have been saying for twenty flipping pages.

I frankly don't care one bit if Hague is gay or not, but if he was that would certainly make him the mother of all hypocrites, for there have been few fiercer campaigners against gay equality in the Commons in the last decade.

Archived