Electric shower problem

The LED's on my Mira Sport shower flickered on and off a couple of times, then went permanantly off. I pulled the isolator switch cord (to switch off properly) but it wont switch to the off position- it like its jammed in the 'on' position. Now my shower doesnt work. Any ideas?

It is in the sense that it doesnt work but is the problem the shower or is it a wiring or fuse problem? Nothing had tripped on the fuse box tho.

I just wonder why the isolator switch which used to work, now seems to be jammed in the on position?? Maybe its a coincidence :confused:

Need it sorting as i hate having baths :(

if the isolator is jammed, then switch off at the fusebox and replace the isolator, then see how you get on. It COULD be that the shower has a fault too, but that wouldn't cause the isolator to jam

if you're lucky, you'll just find it's a loose wire, in which case I'd take the isolator off and start from scratch anyway to make sure it's all done up right

if the isolator is jammed, then switch off at the fusebox and replace the isolator, then see how you get on. It COULD be that the shower has a fault too, but that wouldn't cause the isolator to jam

if you're lucky, you'll just find it's a loose wire, in which case I'd take the isolator off and start from scratch anyway to make sure it's all done up right

Thanks Strix. I've just remembered there is a RCD for the shower up in the loft which i didnt check. I'll have a look before doing your suggestion :)

tbh, the RCD isn't likely to trip unless there's a fault elsewhere that's caused it, plus the flickering lights on the shower indicate a loose connection COULD be the problem - you're right though - none of it will work if the RCD has tripped, even if you cure the actual problem ;)

Archived