Why do baby buggies have such stupid small wheels?

Why to baby buggies have such stupid small wheels?

I was out taking my little darling for some air yesterday. The pavements were covered in ice that had thousands of footprints embedded into it. The stupid little wheels on the buggy just dropped into the footprints and turned sideways when you attempted to go forwards. On several occasions the buggy almost toppled.

When I was a child my parents had a good old fashioned pram with large diameter wheels. It took rough surfaces in its stride.

Why have we gone down the path of buggies with stupid 10cm diameter wheels?

they're like that so the wheels don't protrude when you fold em. we had 2 prams for different occassions; one of them big 3 wheel go anywhere jobs, good for cross country and beaches and a fast fold, easy carry job with small wheels, oh and a back carrier too.

they're like that so the wheels don't protrude when you fold em. we had 2 prams for different occassions; one of them big 3 wheel go anywhere jobs, good for cross country and beaches and a fast fold, easy carry job with small wheels, oh and a back carrier too.

^^^^^^^

Same here, cept I dint have a back carrier.

Archived