£50 Billion just got invented.

It's not real money though is it ? It's just paper that will not take anything away from the countries real defecit will it ?

muldoon

It makes the defecit that much bigger,and will do nothing to get the economy going,the only people who will benefit are the bankers.

Fifty Billion Pounds? My calculator doesn't have enough digits for me to enter that amount, but it's about a grand each isn't it? Just give each of us a share and I'm sure we'd all be happy to stimulate the economy ...
It would have been better that they give everyone a grand then and let us spend it, putting money into the economy that way.

Didn't the Japanese do something like that, give everyone about 500 each ?

I suppose the only problem is that at the moment most sensible people would use any such giveaway to pay their debt down..wouldn't really help the economy .. or would it..

The Aussies gave everyone cash too.

We just give it to a select few, after sneaking it out of everybody's savings, using inflation as the mechanism.

you're right, they didn't, well until you can provide proof the party opposed it that is. I can find one conservative candidate opposing it, but that's all.

The current chancellor wasn't a fan

""quantitative easing is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed"."

Archived