£50 Billion just got invented.

The current chancellor wasn't a fan

""quantitative easing is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed"."

Seems a pretty honest self assessment to me.

Another back door drop in living standards for those of us who are in it together, and just to add insult to injury I see they are keeping those bubbles that got us here inflated with those artificial low interest bass rates kept at silly level.

Pish take Britain at it best:roll:

The current chancellor wasn't a fan

""quantitative easing is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed"."

Yep that is true, I will be keen to hear his explanation but he didn't say it wouldn't work as claimed by Macky.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danielhannan/100108749/printing-money-is-the-last-resort-of-desperate-governments-when-all-other-policies-have-failed/

The Bank of England makes some electronic money (at least that saves expenditure on Ink and paper.)

Other countries find out and they are no longer prepare to pay yesterday's price for Sterling, so the Exchange rate falls.

Anything you import costs more.

Don't worry. The Pound in your pocket is still a Pound.

“Like most things in life, QE is probably subject to the law of diminishing returns and additional asset purchases may not be as effective as earlier ones. Nevertheless, a further extension of the programme is likely. With more austerity measures, by way of spending cuts, on the way and interest rates already at a low, there are few other options available to support demand.” and make the cat's even fatter :roll:

<------- but not "Tiddles" she is fat enough already xx

muldoon

Archived