Wedding DJ Costs

I'd be interested to know this too in honesty.

We throw it in with our standard price with the band set as all the gear is already there, so it's no extra effort, but I'd be interested to see what prices people charge.

The cost will vary massively dependent on lots of different factors.

The main factor is the quality of the DJ you are booking. The best have a good reputation, are in much more demand, use top quality equipment and have lots of experience and will charge more for it. Many (myself included) will offer you a free consultation meeting to discuss exactly what you want, how you would like your evening to progress, your taste in music, your guests and so on to make sure they tailor your wedding to your exact requirements.

Or you can book a cheapo pub DJ who works for beer money. He'll have cheap maplins speakers and lighting and might actually turn up on the night if you're lucky.

I'm not exaggerating that point either. Just last week I covered a gig for an absolutely frantic client. Although her DJ did actually have the good grace to phone her the day before and cancel. A good DJ will provide you with a booking contract.

I attended a family party (an 18th) a few months ago and the DJ had a great setup but absolutely no idea of what music he should have been playing. There were a few teenagers but the majority of the crowd were 30 plus. He played mainly hard house, techno and dubstep. Nobody danced all night. Again, a decent DJ will have discussed you and your guests tastes and will be able to judge what he should be playing and when.

Basically all i'm trying to say is, don't just go for the cheapest option. If you can, try and book somebody who has been recommended to you.

It makes me laugh sometimes that brides are willing to spend £600 on a cake, £500 on a photographer, a small fortune on other things but go for the cheapest possible DJ they can find. The DJ has the potential to make your Wedding Reception a party you'll remember for the rest of your life or a total disaster.

The cost will vary massively dependent on lots of different factors.

The main factor is the quality of the DJ you are booking. The best have a good reputation, are in much more demand, use top quality equipment and have lots of experience and will charge more for it. Many (myself included) will offer you a free consultation meeting to discuss exactly what you want, how you would like your evening to progress, your taste in music, your guests and so on to make sure they tailor your wedding to your exact requirements.

Or you can book a cheapo pub DJ who works for beer money. He'll have cheap maplins speakers and lighting and might actually turn up on the night if you're lucky.

I'm not exaggerating that point either. Just last week I covered a gig for an absolutely frantic client. Although her DJ did actually have the good grace to phone her the day before and cancel. A good DJ will provide you with a booking contract.

I attended a family party (an 18th) a few months ago and the DJ had a great setup but absolutely no idea of what music he should have been playing. There were a few teenagers but the majority of the crowd were 30 plus. He played mainly hard house, techno and dubstep. Nobody danced all night. Again, a decent DJ will have discussed you and your guests tastes and will be able to judge what he should be playing and when.

Basically all i'm trying to say is, don't just go for the cheapest option. If you can, try and book somebody who has been recommended to you.

It makes me laugh sometimes that brides are willing to spend £600 on a cake, £500 on a photographer, a small fortune on other things but go for the cheapest possible DJ they can find. The DJ has the potential to make your Wedding Reception a party you'll remember for the rest of your life or a total disaster.

EXACTLY what he said - although he said it with much more eloquence than I could muster :hihi:

Archived