Head of failing public service paid £9.5 million per year

Someone I know applied for a job advertised by A4E but as soon as they realised she wasn't claiming benefits they weren't interested as she obviously wouldn't have made them any cash.

I wonder what a properly funded and well run job centre would do that A4E wouldn't? When I had dealings with job centre staff in the past, 99% of them were not interested in helping me get work. It took someone who took a proper interest in my situation to get me on the employment ladder.

I am so glad this has been brought to public attention in the way it has Private Eye has been trying to expose this firm and a multitude of others who make millions from the outsourcing of public services .This is as morally repugnant as the bankers in my opinion and the public should be made aware of whats really going on:rant:

its a crime in itself, i am currently on one of these back to work schemes and they are useless. but that doesn't seem to matter to the government who seem happy to pay out millions to the company who cant( or wont) deliver jobs for the people that they are contracted to help.

but its just been announced that they are still receiving huge amounts for not delivering the service they said they could.

is there anyone else in Sheffield who are currently on one of theses schemes??, what are your thoughts?

I am so glad this has been brought to public attention in the way it has Private Eye has been trying to expose this firm and a multitude of others who make millions from the outsourcing of public services .This is as morally repugnant as the bankers in my opinion and the public should be made aware of whats really going on:rant:

Just 1 case like this should be a scandal, but they seem to be coming so thick and fast they almost seem commonplace and fail to shock sufficiently.

I think somebody should take Cameron's 'All in this together' slogan, and stick it up his arse...

Did you know the jobcentre pays a4e £2500 per week to send someone there. How can they justify a cost of £500 per day when all you get out of it really, is an upto date c.v. Did you also know the sheffield branch of a4e was found guilty of fraud.

Archived