Head of failing public service paid £9.5 million per year

Is that fact or theory?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/feb/09/a4e-welfare-to-work-contract?newsfeed=true

Interesting article covering the Public accounts committee discussions on A4e. Based on what they discussed it would seem to be fact that they have made large profits, those profits have gone straight into the owners pockerts, their UK revenue is entriely from taxpayers and that at an outcome of 9% result vs a 30% target the profits they have made have been from a performance shortfall of 70%, or failure in other words.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/feb/09/a4e-welfare-to-work-contract?newsfeed=true

Interesting article covering the Public accounts committee discussions on A4e. Based on what they discussed it would seem to be fact that they have made large profits, those profits have gone straight into the owners pockerts, their UK revenue is entriely from taxpayers and that at an outcome of 9% result vs a 30% target the profits they have made have been from a performance shortfall of 70%, or failure in other words.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2099062/Fury-families-tsar-gets-8-6m-ONE-YEAR-bulk-comes-taxpayer.html

OK, so they are not so good.

What should we do about them? Run them out of town?

How big is their presence in this town anyway?

Their global head office is here, they originated here and the owners mansion is just down the road in the peaks. So I suppose if anyone has to get all activisty there would be a good moral argument thats it's probably us as we spawned it.

As to what we actually do about it, personally i'd suggest follow the money. It mostly ends up in Ms Harrisons pocket so she's as good a place to start as any. Obviously a massive tent encampment blocking the entrance to A&E because it sounds like A4e would be the ideal solution but as my contacts in the Clowning community are somewhat limmited maybe some kind of social media campaign may be a good place to start to get some support?

Their global head office is here, they originated here and the owners mansion is just down the road in the peaks. So I suppose if anyone has to get all activisty there would be a good moral argument thats it's probably us as we spawned it.

As to what we actually do about it, personally i'd suggest follow the money. It mostly ends up in Ms Harrisons pocket so she's as good a place to start as any. Obviously a massive tent encampment blocking the entrance to A&E because it sounds like A4e would be the ideal solution but as my contacts in the Clowning community are somewhat limmited maybe some kind of social media campaign may be a good place to start to get some support?

She's made her money..i'm not sure she'd be that bothered to be honest.

Government is the problem. 5000 kids outside number 10 would go a long way.

Government is the problem.

Government is always the problem.

If not this government, then the one before or even the one before that...

5000 kids outside number 10 would go a long way.

A long way to do what?

I think it is time we had a fundamental shift in the way things are done.

Could we perhaps, for a change lay off the UBH and established protest movement?

I think we have established that many of us here do not consider their protesting method to be effective.

Rather than continually criticising them, let us learn from their mistakes and try to find something that works.

So.

What is the actual problem on the table?

Do we have any information other than what the newspapers have told us?

Anyone here actually looked at any real numbers?

For the first time we have 'access' to the founder of A4e, Emma Harrison, living in our own back yard. Unlike OS in a churchyard there is an opportunity here to get to the right person.

What will make Emma Harrison listen?

Adverse publicity.

To get the publicity anyone willing should camp out in or near the grounds of Thornbridge Hall, or maybe at the gateway to her land which she will have to pass as she comes in and out. They can invite the press and TV along to witness it. They could stay until Emma Harrison agrees to come out and talk to them, justifying her position, (or not) and listening to a few home truths about her company.

If she refuses, hopefully the media will still publicise the grievences of the protesters, who will of course have an articulate and charismatic spokesperson.

The more people who get to hear of the farce that is A4e, the more chance there is of changing it.

Only a suggestion. I'm more than open to better ideas.

I've just seen it on you tube, if you do a you tube search for A4E Sheffield you'll find it, I tried to link it but the forum says I have to make 5 comments before I'm allow to use links.

..... or you could add the 'www' to the broken link:(

youtube.com /watch?v=hAl8pMkt1wk

:)Thank you for your help, enabling me to find the following link:

Archived