'Question Time' 09.02.12

Oh C,mon!..............only a fool would believe any of them would come squeaky clean out of all this!..........they only survive on results.

There is nothing linking The Guardian to phone hacking or bribing policemen other than their coverage of NI doing so. Other papers like the Mail and Express employed private detectives, but News International had the Metropolitan Police in their pocket. They'd meet at the McDonalds in Wapping where serving officers would be paid £1000 cash for a tip off about the latest celebrity to be arrested. As soon as George Michael was nicked in Hampstead for drug-driving the press were all over the story.

There's a lot more to come, the latest news is that things are looking very dark indeed for Piers Morgan..

The latest round of arrests resulting from this kicked off at 6am on a Saturday. At Shanahan’s home in Essex, police removed his children’s computers and a rather antique piece of evidence in the form of a copy of the “Squidgygate” tape, the recording of a phone call by Princess Diana published by the Sun in 1992, which is thought to fall rather outside the scope of the phone-hacking investigation.

Conveniently in the same bed…

Officers sent to bring in Pharo, meanwhile, called at the address they thought he shared with his wife and children, only to be told that he had moved out. Pausing only to pull up the floorboards and remove the door panels from his wife’s car, they scooted on round to Pharo’s bachelor pad, where they discovered not one but two Sun journalists, conveniently in the same bed – one the executive they were looking for, the other reporter Jen Blackburn. Sadly, both were too hung over to offer much in the way of coherent help with their inquiries. Both had been out drinking with current Sun editor Dominic Mohan in Wapping the night before.

Police had also hoped to bring in one of Pharo’s previous paramours, Virginia Wheeler, promoted to defence editor last May after several years during which he took a keen interest in her career (Eyes passim). But Wheeler, who has long since abandoned Pharo for a new boyfriend – a policeman, as it happens – is nowhere to be found.

News International claims she’s on a pre-arranged three-month sabbatical (a very conveniently timed one, given that her last byline appeared in the paper just three days before the latest arrests), and she has politely declined an invitation to return and talk to the Met. Wapping colleagues believe she’s somewhere in South America. Is it time to send out Slipper of the Yard to bring her back?

http://www.private-eye.co.uk/sections.php?section_link=street_of_shame&issue=1307

There is nothing linking The Guardian to phone hacking or bribing policemen other than their coverage of NI doing so. Other papers like the Mail and Express employed private detectives, but News International had the Metropolitan Police in their pocket. They'd meet at the McDonalds in Wapping where serving officers would be paid £1000 cash for a tip off about the latest celebrity to be arrested. As soon as George Michael was nicked in Hampstead for drug-driving the press were all over the story.

There's a lot more to come, the latest news is that things are looking very dark indeed for Piers Morgan..

"There is nothing linking The Guardian to phone hacking or bribing policemen".................................yet.

Oh C,mon!..............only a fool would believe any of them would come squeaky clean out of all this!..........they only survive on results.

Only a fool would fail to notice there is a massive gulf between the journalistic methods employed by a gutter press pandering to their reader's insatiable cravings for outrage, scandal or sensation, and papers which are primarily concerned with hard news, feaures and analysis.

Now let me see what Ct'ers have been claiming - 9/11, 7/7, Dr Kelly murdered etc.

Nope - not been proved right.

I don't see myself as a conspiracy theorist at all or especially gullible, but I do think things are starting to come out and be questioned that would have been unthinkable a few years ago.

As for the examples you quote I wouldn't know, but I do think there is much more to behind Dr David Kelly's demise, and so do a lot more learned and very respected people not given to conspiracy theories. Whether it will ever be able to come out is another matter.

I don't see myself as a conspiracy theorist at all or especially gullible, but I do think things are starting to come out and be questioned that would have been unthinkable a few years ago.

As for the examples you quote I wouldn't know, but I do think there is much more to behind Dr David Kelly's demise, and so do a lot more learned and very respected people not given to conspiracy theories. Whether it will ever be able to come out is another matter.

What was "unthinkable" a few years ago?

As you said in the OP on this thread;

"All those things that 'Conspiracy Theorists' have been saying for ages are publicly vindicated."

You've proved absolutely nothing, zilch, nada.

Like you said - you don't know. Beats me why you bother.

Archived