Is calling your child Tarquin akin to child abuse?

Honeysuckle Weeks is an actress in the drama series Foyle's War.

Named because the scent of honeysuckle was so strong at the time she was born. She is the sister of Perdita Weeks and Rollo Weeks, her parents are called Robin and Susan, they must have just fancied unusual names for their kids.

Named because the scent of honeysuckle was so strong at the time she was born. She is the sister of Perdita Weeks and Rollo Weeks, her parents are called Robin and Susan, they must have just fancied unusual names for their kids.

I know Perdita means "lost", and I thought Rollo must be a shortened form of Roland, ( makes me think of Grange hill! "Row- Land") so I looked it up. I got this result:-

In German, the name Rollo means- Variant of Rolf: Famed wolf; wolf counsel. Also a diminutive of Roland: renowned in the land.

I know Perdita means "lost", and I thought Rollo must be a shortened form of Roland, ( makes me think of Grange hill! "Row- Land") so I looked it up. I got this result:-

In German, the name Rollo means- Variant of Rolf: Famed wolf; wolf counsel. Also a diminutive of Roland: renowned in the land.

Anyone remember King Rollo?

I loved that as a child:D

Oh dear.

I remember it being better than that :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6LlaAZHqn8

I just WiIki'ed "The Queen's Nose" series, thinking it might have been her younger sister, who is also an actor, but there's no mention of HW, or the sister, Perdita, appearing in that series. (Though the little girl has a similar sort of look, with strawberry blonde hair)

She and Perdita were both in "Catherine Cookson's The Rag Nymph" playing the same character at different ages, and they were both also in a children's TV series called "Goggle-Eyes", from 1993, which I don't recall ever seeing.

I remember Goggle eyes :o I strongly remember seeing her name on the credits of some kids thing when I was very young, and I said it out loud, and my mum gave me a funny look. :hihi:

I am indeed mixing her up with The Queens nose actress Victoria Shalet, I guess because

"She (Victoria) then continued to work consistently throughout her school life within television, film, theatre and radio including Goggle Eyes alongside Honeysuckle Weeks and in the first three series of The Queen's Nose[1] as main character Harmony."

Archived