Why do women wear high heels?

Mecky

I don't wear high heels now since I broke the bones in my foot, but I never found them comfortable.

That said it didn't stop me tottering about in ridiculous heels in my mid teens. The heels were so high, and I was so useless at walking in them that I had to hang onto walls, gatesetcc as I staggered down the steep road that led to the bus stop. I no doubt thought I looked like the dogs bits, whereas I probably just looked drunk! Happy days.

Sadly I don't wear high heels any more. I have some lowish heels, but even those hurt after a little while nowadays. So its decently made flat boots and shoes for me now. :sad: Ah, the joys of getting old.

In the 60s I loved stilleto heels. As someone said earlier, they lengthen the leg and can look fantastic. We could all walk in them back then IIRC ! With bouffant hairdoes they could add about 6inches to your height.

High heels can make an outfit look really stylish, although the combination of white stilletoes and black stockings had the opposite effect. :gag:

Sadly I don't wear high heels any more. I have some lowish heels, but even those hurt after a little while nowadays. So its decently made flat boots and shoes for me now. :sad: Ah, the joys of getting old.

In the 60s I loved stilleto heels. As someone said earlier, they lengthen the leg and can look fantastic. We could all walk in them back then IIRC ! With bouffant hairdoes they could add about 6inches to your height.

High heels can make an outfit look really stylish, although the combination of white stilletoes and black stockings had the opposite effect. :gag:

I love the 60s look and the 70s one too, come to that. I reckon that you should throw a 60s themed party and get all the gear on again!

Agree with you about the black tights and white stiletto look, do people still do that?

Archived