Why do women wear high heels?

Mecky

I'm 5" and don't wear heels. I'm short and don't feel the need to change it. I'd rather be able to spend longer out in some nice flats than have to go home early because me feetsies are sore. I also have really narrow feet and even heels with straps on don't fit properly and I have always decked it/shoes coming flying off, and the made to measure ones are £££. I'm happy looking up at people and being comfy :)

5 inches is a bit short even by Barbie Doll standards. I'm not sure that heels will help but they might stop you getting trodden on quite as often.

Some people can walk better in heels than flats I find my self that walking in flat shoes is hard and I am safer with heels as I don't trip up as much

Totally flat shoes make my ankles ache, I have noticed. I think it's something to do with my Achilles tendon; I think it gets used to not being stretched as much in shoes with a small heel, and when I switch to flats my ankles ache.

• 2 weeks later...

I think its also a lot more to do with a power thing aswell. I wear high heels because they make me feel sexier and more confident, not just because they look good. Guys definately respond in a more positive way to a woman in high heels/ sexy shoes, even if its just subconsciously and they dont realise they're doing it :hihi:

Additionally, I think foot fetish is on the increase too. In september I was in a shop in town after I'd been at work, I was absent mindedly slipping my shoes off as i was doing what i needed to do and I clocked the guy who worked there staring at my feet/shoes and looking rather "disstracted" by it which I found quite amusing, so i decided to just continue. When I went to pay at the counter I got free stuff :D good times!

So, "Why do women wear high heels?" The answer is:

To gain controll of men! muwahahaha! :hihi:

---------- Post added 16-01-2013 at 19:06 ----------

... oh and flats hurt my feet more :P

Archived