Why do women wear high heels?

Mecky

They're not just HIGH heels the girls are wearing at the moment, they're Ga Ga-esque, FOOT-HIGH heels. I had to spend 20 mins waiting for a tram on West Street the other night, it was so entertaining, watching the tottering/lumbering/wobbling. Nearly all the girls were wearing these shoes, I didn't see one who looked stylish, cool or confident, most looked ungainly with an odd kind of stooping posture (think Mrs Overall in stilts). Still, it gave me something to watch while I was waiting!

I think really tall is not a good look..I once tried one of my girlfriends heels on and it is nearly impossible to walk in them, I don't know how women do it and how they manage to run, is a miracle..

PS I don't usually wear heels, unless they match my hand bag..:D

It really gets on my nerves when FBI women or similar are wearing heels in films and are chasing bad guys-ridiculous! The first thing I would do is kick them off!

Men, in general, would feel uncomfortable with a taller woman. Think it makes them feel weaker, I dunno.

Try following Basket Ball...there's some big uns there..:love:

Yeah, I know one or two people who've mentioned how much taller I am when I'm wearing heels, and noticed they weren't comfortable with it.

I don't really like it though. I'm a feminists worst nightmare :hihi:

Ooh couldn't be doing with sporty types, I like men with bellies.

Cuddly giant is my type :D

It really gets on my nerves when FBI women or similar are wearing heels in films and are chasing bad guys-ridiculous! The first thing I would do is kick them off!

In my youth I had some 5 inch heel, that's what they seemed, metalic blue platform boots..I just wish I had some photos...:hihi:

Yeah, I know one or two people who've mentioned how much taller I am when I'm wearing heels, and noticed they weren't comfortable with it.

Do sporty types not have bellies? :suspect:

Blimey, you like men with bellies...what like John Prescott?

I'm only about 5'3" or so, so the 5" from my shoes is quite vital to being actually seen and not trampled on in busy bars :hihi:

I can see a very valid reason for you wearing high heels. But not if a girl is 6' tall. Only valid reason I can think of is 'sex appeal'.

Archived