Why do women wear high heels?

Mecky

Not sure, but it is rather bizarre. Are high heels comfortable at all?

Depends on the shoe and design. I love Kurt Geiger but could never imagine walking in them, they look like instruments of torture. I wear heels all of the time, I suspect that they make me look a bit freakish as I have freakishly long legs in proportion to the rest of me a

(am 5'5'' and A HALF). However, I don't care, I wear them regardless, some as high as 4''. I actually suffer more in the foot department whenever I wear flats.

http://tinypic.com/r/1jrtw4/5

Think these are my highest. The culprits of ripping the bedding! They are also probably the most comfortable, as the platform is very well proportioned to the heel for me. Shame about the colour, as they don't get worn much. I have about 30 very similar pairs in different colours though :hihi:

Edit:The heel on these is just a tad short of 6" :o

Blimey! I wear heels and I'm 6'3"!

I am so tall that the first thing that most people will notice about me is that I'm tall, and that applies whether I'm looking embarrassed about my height or standing proud, whether I'm wearing a cocktail dress and appropriate shoes or a cocktail dress and flats that don't look right with the dress.

Will I tower over anybody any less without 3 or 4 inches of heel? Nope.

Will I just look as though I'm trying not to draw attention to my height? Of course.

I don't wear heels every day any more (I used to when I was at work and have the bunions to prove it) but they aren't really very appropriate for taking the dog out, but I do wear them when going out.

Crikey, that is tall for a female.

Does tallness run your the family?

My Dad is 6'2"; Mum is same height as me 5'10" and my Sister is 5'5" (she is 13 years old)

Not sure, but it is rather bizarre. Are high heels comfortable at all?

They can be, if they're exactly the right shape and size for you and spread the pressure around your foot rather than just directing all of your weight straight to the balls of your feet.

My personal limit is about 4 inches without a platform. Anything higher makes me feel a little out of control and may be a bit lethal for any downhill or uneven surface. My 5" heels are only for use when I know I can rely on a decent surface for walking (and when I know I'm not going to brain myself on low flying light fittings!).

They can be, if they're exactly the right shape and size for you and spread the pressure around your foot rather than just directing all of your weight straight to the balls of your feet.

My personal limit is about 4 inches without a platform. Anything higher makes me feel a little out of control and may be a bit lethal for any downhill or uneven surface. My 5" heels are only for use when I know I can rely on a decent surface for walking (and when I know I'm not going to brain myself on low flying light fittings!).

I can't wear any without a platform. I can't adjust the foot pressure right in that position, I wouldn't get out of the front door without a platform :hihi:

Crikey, that is tall for a female.

Does tallness run your the family?

My Dad is 6'2"; Mum is same height as me 5'10" and my Sister is 5'5" (she is 13 years old)

Ooooh yes, we're all of a similar height.

Dad's 6'5", mum's 6'1", my grandfather at 6'2" was the shortest of 12 siblings, his parents were 6'8" and 6'0" (which was incredibly tall for Victorian people). The height genes run a mile wide through my family and I'd have to be a serious throwback to be short.

Mini skirt and muffin top? Strappy top and mismatched washed out bra straps? hipster jeans and visible washed out thong with accompanying muffin tops?

...and no knickers! :hihi:

My perfect woman.....:hihi:

Well I seem to meet enough blokes who don't have the least problem with being with a woman who is taller than them.

Either that says something about me, or it says something about them.

It probably means they are short arses and have trouble with their height..

Add trainers to your list and I may be your perfect lady. ;)

I must admit I do prefer the casual styling to the more dressy look...Not only that if the woman does dress smart I'd feel obliged to do the same, and I can't be bothered...:D

I do too, especially those ballet pump types. I find myself scrunching up my toes so they don't fall off, which results in me barely being able to walk the following day!

I suspect that is either because your flat shoes are an incorrect size or because you have damaged your feet/heel/legs from wearing heeled shoes to often? You should be able to walk barefoot with no pain for long periods! (excepting pavement glass etc)

Archived