Why Does America Always Get The Blame?

Are Americans A Force For Good  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Are Americans A Force For Good

• Bravo John Wayne Is A God
    • Boo Hiss, Bush Is The Son Of Satan
    • I'm A Fence Sitter

what a joke. Talk about grasping around to look for straws to attempt to 'show' that what is easily the world's most stable liberal democracy is some sort of fascist tyranny.

A spokeswoman said the icon had been used by the troops to identify themselves as scout snipers, a designation unique to the Marine Corps, and was never intended to have Nazi connotations.

those guys are just kids, average age probably mid twenties. The German SS ceased to exist over 65 years ago. They've never heard of any SS relating to anything German. Remember, the United States is not a European country and that consequently they haven't got Nazi Germany on the brain to the extent the European countries still do.

I think the vast majority of Brits see the USA in a good light, which they should. Many great things and people have come from the country. We should be grateful we have such a great friend. Like anything else those who have bad things to say usually shout the loudest.

God bless the U S of A.....:D

Many people in Europe never forgave Nazi Germany for losing the war? The people of Europe were upset that Nazi Germany didn't continue their fight?

I'm sure that isn't the point you wanted to make.

The point was that the military vanquished are now the ecomomic and industrial victors.

Many in Europe never forgave Germany for losing the war but 70 years later coming back and now almost running the place.

Gad! That must hurt :D

You mean that's what you'd think if you lived here?

I have a German niece living, funnily enough, in Germany. I don't view the comparitively good educational and employment opportunities available to her as evidence of a continuation of attempts 70 years ago to create a dominant Aryan race.

You really would have to be living in another era and utterly out of touch with reality to think like that.

The point was that the military vanquished are now the ecomomic and industrial victors.

Because we learnt a lesson from the punitive measures that were imposed in the Treaty of Versailles. I don't think anyone begrudges Germanic strength, per se. In the cold war Germany was the western frontier - it was to everyone's advantage that we didn't make a mess of it.

I wouldn't call the Telegraph left-leaning, Frank, but you might. Here's an article on their website of some US soldiers having their photo taken in front of an SS insignia. The SS were the people who carried out the holocaust, of course. No doubt as a staunch defender of Israel and zionism you'll condemn these good ol' boys;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/9073459/US-Marines-posed-with-banner-of-Nazi-SS.html

PS If you can think of another organisation closer to home that displays Nazi insignia please feel free to mention it.

I don't know really. Perhaps you can help me. How can we identify a Nazi? I know they hated Jews, now let me see if I can think of any examples of people who hate Jews and want them eradicated, nope, I can't. Have you got any suggestions?

see how the juvenile haters just ignore or try to belittle the record which shows the United States has held a totally unbroken series of elections to decide who their Head of State is going to be since 1792. No President has ever sought to extend their term by claiming any sort of 'emergency', there's been no military coup in all that time, or even the slightest sniff of any military coup. The reigns of power have always been passed peaceably, no matter what situation the country was in, as in during war, even civil war. All this makes the United States beyond any shadow of a doubt considering its very considerable size, the world's most stable democracy.

of course the US haters can be expected to gloss over all of this and pretend that democracy is something other than it actually is.

Archived