Why do women get upset so easily?

Well by perfect co-incidence, I haven't made this up, I've been to somewhere today and there was a queue forming. Someone complained to the woman dealing with us. She said, "I'm sorry but there's a man attempting to multi-task in the back" This was greeted by laughter by everyone, men and women. When the man came in, looking flustered everyone just burst into laughter. It was a funny moment..

Why can't we just all get on in this manner?

Well by perfect co-incidence, I haven't made this up, I've been to somewhere today and there was a queue forming. Someone complained to the woman dealing with us. She said, "I'm sorry but there's a man attempting to multi-task in the back" This was greeted by laughter by everyone, men and women. When the man came in, looking flustered everyone just burst into laughter. It was a funny moment..

Simply a bit of harmless banter. Nothing sinister, nothing cruel, nothing derogatory, simply a funny casual remark. NOT to be taken seriously.:)

Simply a bit of harmless banter. Nothing sinister, nothing cruel, nothing derogatory, simply a funny casual remark. NOT to be taken seriously.:)

No it wasn't, it was insulting and sexist. Know your audience before you start with the sexist 'wisecracks'. As any mature and intelligent adult would know, you have to adapt to your milieu and try and gauge people rather than making Dave Brent-like faux pas and social gaffes. This is pretty basic stuff, don't blame others for your poor social skills.

Here's a serious question, what have women invented? Think I'll google it.

To be honest very little. This is because many moons ago when the major things were being invented women didn't play the same role in society. ie they used to bake and have kids.

Thinks have changed significantly now. They bake, have kids and moan a lot......:D

But you're right women and science don't appear to mix.....:D

If someones about to post.."except domestic science" I already thought about it but decided discretion the better part of valour...:suspect:

No it wasn't, it was insulting and sexist. Know your audience before you start with the sexist 'wisecracks'. As any mature and intelligent adult would know, you have to adapt to your milieu and try and gauge people rather than making Dave Brent-like faux pas and social gaffes. This is pretty basic stuff, don't blame others for your poor social skills.

I have to disagree with you there, to me it did look like a bit of harmless banter and seeing that EVERYONE laughed, it seems the audience DID find it funny, why then do you think it not?

I have to disagree with you there, to me it did look like a bit of harmless banter and seeing that EVERYONE laughed, it seems the audience DID find it funny, why then do you think it not?

I think we're at cross purposes, I wasn't referring to Frank Sidney's experience. My mistake.

Archived