Are you an outdoorsy type?

I know I do walk fast, and lots of people think my friend and I exagerate However we've done a timed mile at our normal walking pace on several occasions and in fact we walk slightly faster than 4 miles an hour. That said after about 4 miles we do slow a little.

Actually since I had a pretty nasty accident and shattered my leg and foot nearly 2 yrs ago, I have slowed down, although I can still walk at that pace, just not for more than about a mile.

Tabbing (Army slang) is short for tactical advance to battle (fast march/slow run) and is normally completed carrying, a predetermined weight, in a bergen.

That sounds dreadful! Enjoying a country walk is one thing, practising outdoor masochism is another!

I only average about 2 miles an hour, I like to stop and look at stuff (like this morning I found a stick covered in 2cm long ice hair. That sort of thing slows you down!)

That sounds dreadful! Enjoying a country walk is one thing, practising outdoor masochism is another!

I only average about 2 miles an hour, I like to stop and look at stuff (like this morning I found a stick covered in 2cm long ice hair. That sort of thing slows you down!)

I dunno, I find it character building :D Nothing better to clear the cobwebs than a 6 mile tab :)

Seriously though, as much as I love doing the above (not a hint of sarcasm there), I really do love to amble along in the countryside and take in the views, especially if I am armed with a camera.

I love the outdoors, especially when it's sunny/frosty/snowy like it was on Sunday, but I also love getting back home and putting my feet up in front of the fire with a nice glass of vino :)

So, can we be both?

Edit - just to clarify it's walking I like, you can stick your team sports where the sun don't shine frankly :)

You've just reminded me that we've got some mulled wine... somewhere :suspect:

It was hot choc with Cointreau last Sunday though :D

(following a dog walking sledge ride, complete with ski gear and winter walking boots)

Archived