Are you an outdoorsy type?

Yes, completely agree. I hate having to remove myself from a warm cosy sleeping bag to go for a pee. Other than that, camping is great!!

You want to try Dempseys on a Friday night then. I can show you camping without the tent hunni x

I love the outdoors, especially when it's sunny/frosty/snowy like it was on Sunday, but I also love getting back home and putting my feet up in front of the fire with a nice glass of vino :)

So, can we be both?

Edit - just to clarify it's walking I like, you can stick your team sports where the sun don't shine frankly :)

Same here. But mines a cup of tea.

...Other than that, camping is great!!

The idea of it is, certainly, and the reality isn't too bad for a night or two, given the right weather, entertaining company, tolerable facilities and a pleasant and quiet location.

Sadly, the actual reality is often tepid showers with all the pressure of a leaky watering can, damp tents that you can't sit up in, mud everywhere, tossers playing Rihanna through tinny speakers at 2 in the morning, more dampness, avoiding drinking so you don't end up traipsing through the mud for a wee every half hour, and angry cows.

How much better it is to walk somewhere beautiful until you're knackered, then retire to your rented cottage/guest house/other civilised place of rest and relax with food that someone else has cooked, a hot shower, and a big and comfy bed.

The idea of it is, certainly, and the reality isn't too bad for a night or two, given the right weather, entertaining company, tolerable facilities and a pleasant and quiet location.

Sadly, the actual reality is often tepid showers with all the pressure of a leaky watering can, damp tents that you can't sit up in, mud everywhere, tossers playing Rihanna through tinny speakers at 2 in the morning, more dampness, avoiding drinking so you don't end up traipsing through the mud for a wee every half hour, and angry cows.

How much better it is to walk somewhere beautiful until you're knackered, then retire to your rented cottage/guest house/other civilised place of rest and relax with food that someone else has cooked, a hot shower, and a big and comfy bed.

You really have sold the idea of camping to many who may be considering their first trip :D

It's not that bad, if you choose a good site and have some quality equipment.

The cottage sounds dreadful ;)

For that reason I prefer to wild camp. Just the sheep and a running stream to break the silence. Oh, you would not like to try sitting up in my tent. :hihi:

Archived