Another really stupid idea from David Cameron

Oh dear, talk about You've been trolled! The Guardian blows up a story out of all proportion and you lot fall for it!

Here's how government works -

An idea is formed.

It's brought to the attention of senior ministers, maybe the PM.

It's then approved or rejected.

We're at stage 2. Cameron is only looking at it because that's his job. It'll come to naught, just like all these other tabloid tales.

Indeed, and the title is factually incorrect, it isn't even Cameron's idea, it's a policy already in place in Sweden which they're simply examining.

Have you noticed that after wealth became more evenly distributed, the workers benefitted a lot more, and now that the super rich are getting richer again, most other people are getting poorer again. Interestingly, the richest people are increasing their wealth the most and the fastest, and the poorest people are seeing their living standards eroded faster than any other group.

Perhaps there are some conclusions you might be able to draw from these facts?

Yep!...........that's life!

My mother was in service when she was young at a "Steel barrons" house in Calver. She was treat very well and glad of the job like a lot of others of her generation.She never had the luxuries of todays generation but never felt the job beneath her.................what conclusions do you draw from this?

My mother was in service when she was young at a "Steel barrons" house in Calver. She was treat very well and glad of the job like a lot of others of her generation.She never had the luxuries of todays generation but never felt the job beneath her.................what conclusions do you draw from this?

You've got to admire that generation, they just got on with hard work and did it. Now a lot of that sort of work is done by foreign workers, because for our own youth it's either beneath them, or they just can't do it because it's too hard work.

I'm fairly sure that this policy will result in me and my neighbour doing each other's hoovering.

Even better you just say you're employing your neighbours wife to do the cleaning and they employ yours. In reality you each just do your own as you normally would but reap the tax benefits of 'paying' your neighbour at £6hr, 8hrs a day and 5 days a week.

jb

Remember, millionaire David Cameron trousered a quarter of a million pounds to refurbish number ten for his family.

"We're all in this together"

I don't think that's fair to be honest. The money was spent on the property and he won't be there for long...hopefully...

Descendants of working class people who hark back to those days as some kind of long lost golden era are an insult to the memory of the many brave men and women who struggled and suffered over centuries to earn the rights and opportunities which these toadies would gladly hand back over on a plate.

My granny was in service as well, but she was Irish, forced to emigrate after the aristocracy nicked most of our ancestral farm land for grazing and commercial crops which were exported, even in times of famine.

Consequently I don't suffer from the cap doffing, obsequious subservience to our exploiters which, quite frankly, alway turns my stomach on the rare occasions I come across it.

Those times, thank God, have changed.

My Grandad fought in WW2, got the DCM and came home riddled with shrapnel having lost a daughter he never saw. Meanwhile my Grandma, in between losing her baby, was digging bits of metal out peoples' eye in a factory.

They never had the luxuries of this generation......blah, blah blah....but that doesn't mean that this generation have to go through what they did.

I'm sure children in t'olden days were happy to go up chimneys rather than starve to death on the streets. Doesn't make it right and doesn't make it something we should aspire to replicate today.

Jeez, it's 2012, not 1812.

Archived