Sheffield Homes MEGATHREAD

Have come to the conclusion Sheffield homes are run by shear incompetent overpaid morons with no consideration for anyone's private or family life, that presume we are all claiming benefits.

All of them?

There are some excellent people who do their best every day in Sheffield Homes (and in other housing organisations) to help their tenants and residents. If you are having problems, it would be better to ask for general advice about how they can best be resolved rather than just have a rant about some unspecified issue.

There are people who post on the forum who've had lots of experience in different areas of housing, both as tenants, applicants, and staff. We also have a legal eagle who gives out good advice.

I was told in September I'm under investigation and I've had no letters, nothing but missed appointments, no communication between the staff and management, It's legal advice I need.

Are you a tenant or a homeless applicant? If so, are you asking your local housing office what is happening? If your problem is to do with your tenancy, or about getting rehoused, then you could speak to Shelter who can offer independent housing legal advice. They have an office on Furnival Gate.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/advice_services_directory/?pc=Sheffield&Search+Locally=

They also have a free advice line: 0808 800 4444 open from 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and 8am-5pm Saturday-Sunday

I have a 20 months old dispute which will be in court on November 9th as a result of their conduct.

It has taken this long because you need to go through the impartial ombudsman route.

That dragged on because the impartial ombudsmane was asked to make a declaration one way or tuther to state that the rules were broken (compensation) or the followed rules dont work.

The impartial ombudsman then turned all shy and wouldnt sign off her own preliminary findings.

The reason given was that she no longer frequents the office so that clears that up then - She is a public figure and presumably will have no problem being named as Celia Denton.

The vague incomprehensible nonsense decision was endorse by two superiors under the direction of Anne Seex and i am still no wiser as to whether the rules were broken or are simply plain stupid.

P M Me your problem if you think i can help.

Any complaints have to follow procedure and the procedure is dictated by those being complained against.

Sheffield homes is unfit for purpose. For starters it doesn't provide enough housing. And thus homelessness in Sheffield has risen and risen and risen again.

Sheffield Homes' job was never to decide how much housing they should provide. That is the job of the council. The council paid a fee to SH to manage the properties, so you'll no doubt be pleased the contract is coming to an early next year, when the management reverts back to the council.

Sheffield council is run on a cabinet style basis, and there is a cabinet member for housing. There is also a team of people working on the future of council housing in Sheffield. See: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/in-your-area/initiatives/futureplan.html

As far as homelessness goes, that is also in the remit of the council, not Sheffield Homes.

Archived