What can you tell me about the Jesus Army?

Yes, they invited me to "a party" at Ponds Forge, but I didn't have my trunks with me.

At least they're putting some of the money they expect from their members back in to the city I suppose?

I got invited to the Ponds Forge event too, after they'd tried to give my 17 month old son a Snickers chocolate bar. I did get one of the lasses mobile numbers though.

I got invited to the Ponds Forge event too, after they'd tried to give my 17 month old son a Snickers chocolate bar. I did get one of the lasses mobile numbers though.

It was Snickers they were giving out when I saw them too - I don't think they want diabetic members with nut allergies.

I was with my 3 year old and they didn't offer her one. I'm offended now!

It was Snickers they were giving out when I saw them too - I don't think they want diabetic members with nut allergies.

I was with my 3 year old and they didn't offer her one. I'm offended now!

Was one of the chocolate givers a lass in her 20's, big jugs, piercings and tattoo's on her ankles?

There is a positive point with regard to the Jesus Army.

There are recruiting. Just not too sure about the benefits.

But seriously if this provides the individual with a sense of purpose and inner happiness, then who are we to judge them.

Better than sat at home alone, watching mind blowing TV.

Was one of the chocolate givers a lass in her 20's, big jugs, piercings and tattoo's on her ankles?

No, the chocolate givers when I was there were a kid who looked to be about 10 and a large (in all directions) chap with a beard.

All the adults that were there looked fairly vacant, but not in that 'I have achieved inner peace' way that some street preachers have, but more in a 'there's no-one at home' way. I think they had a shift-change after lunch because when I went past again later the bus was there but there were no members.

But seriously if this provides the individual with a sense of purpose and inner happiness, then who are we to judge them.

As with all religions the problem comes when "God looks out for me" becomes "God prefers me to you" and then "I am judging you and consider some of the things you do to be evil" It all kicks off then ...

Equally dilusional I would argue.

Archived