My wedding day- Planning starts here!

Cubley Hall - Really lovely venue, absolutely beautiful. The lady didn't mid us tuning up ad hoc and showed us round, didn't even mind us having the kids with us as its half term. This is a real runner at the moment for me.

Sitwell Arms - Another nice looking place, the outside especially, but with a wedding in March I'm trying not to think about the exterior too much. The interior in both rooms is very adequate for what we want, but its just not the same as Cubley Hall.

Dog & Partridge - A bit of an off the wall type venue but it certainly didn't dissapoint! Andrea was so full of enthusiasm about the whole thing, something I feel a lot of venue organizers have lacked so far so it was really refreshing to see someone get as excited about our wedding as we are. Unfortunately the venue its self lacked that little bit of something, if I could have taken Andrea and put her in charge of Cubley Hall, I think I'd have signed up there and then.

Renishaw Golf Club - Met a lovely Gentleman from the Forum who contated me by PM. The room its self is stunning, I absolutely fell in love with it. The one issue I have is the fact the wedding licence hasn't been granted yet, and wasn't given a time scale.

I'd like to thank everyone that has shown us round so far, the places we have looked recently have really started ticking boxes. We have a few more to look at, before approaching places asking for serious quotes for what we want.

Excited, much? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived