What is Aetheism 2.0?

Not quite. Chances of being miraculously healed are 1 in 2.94 million, chances of winning the lottery are 1 in 13.9 million.

/pedant

Rubbish! Thousands of people win £10* every week. They are, by definition, lottery winners.

/super-pedant.

* ...that was the prize for 3 matched numbers last time I did the lottery, many years ago; it might have changed now. (I consider the lottery to be a stupidity tax.)

Rubbish! Thousands of people win £10* every week. They are, by definition, lottery winners.

/super-pedant.

* ...that was the prize for 3 matched numbers last time I did the lottery, many years ago; it might have changed now. (I consider the lottery to be a stupidity tax.)

OK, you win the internet.

jb

Not quite. Chances of being miraculously healed are 1 in 2.94 million, chances of winning the lottery are 1 in 13.9 million.

/pedant

She did say the chances of winning the lottery were probably greater than being miraculously healed, so even* if we accept your figures her statement is correct.

/pedant with knobs on

* I happen to think the chance of being miraculously healed is zero, and the chance of you winning a lottery prize is approximately 54 to 1, which still makes Suffragette1's statement correct.

:)

Edit. Damn you redwhine for beating me to the super pedantry finishing line.

She did say the chances of winning the lottery were probably greater than being miraculously healed, so even* if we accept your figures her statement is correct.

/pedant with knobs on

* I happen to think the chance of being miraculously healed is zero.

:)

OK, OK. Thank you for pointing out how wrong I am. Maybe if you ask nicely redwhine will give you half of the internet.

jb

...which is "What is atheism?", (you chose it, remember?), and not "What has atheism got in common with religion".:loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

Let's take a look at that OP again...

Q. Is there any mileage in looking for the common ground in the evolving values of aetheists and the evolving values of non-fundamentalist religions, or is it the case that logic and reason will always be incompatible with faith?

Let me answer that question.

No. There is no mileage in LOOKING FOR THE COMMON GROUND.

The 2 sides are so far apart, it's a futile execise.

Archived