PEFKOS, RHODES - is it for a young family?

I am thinkin of bookin a holiday to pefkos, rhodes for 2 weeks in the summer.

my partner is nearly 30 and i am 25 and we will be takin our 3 year old son.

i really like the look of it and found some really nice apartments "matina apartments" to stay in but i just need to know if its going to be boring or not.

We went to es cana, ibiza last year which we found very boring as there wasnt alot of restaurants or things to do at all. i just dont want a repeat performance of this especially if we are there for 2 weeks!!! please help!!

Obviously we do not want anywhere with nightclubs on our front doorstep but nice family pubs with kareoke/entertainment is the kind of thing im looking for.

We have been to pefkos twice now and it's lovely, the beach is perfect for kids it's lovely and clean the sea is shallow and calm, we went as a couple but we did notice some of the bars had kids play areas cos I actually commented on how nice it was for kids. Hope this helps x

There are a lot of people that like Pefkos, there is a website called Friends of Pefkos look on there for information. I like Afandou a working village between Lindos and Rhodes Town, about 5km from Faliraki which gives you the option of going to Faliraki beach as Afandou beach is the longest on the island but is shingle and sand. If you want any info on the island ask, I have been there quite a few times.

I am thinkin of bookin a holiday to pefkos, rhodes for 2 weeks in the summer.

my partner is nearly 30 and i am 25 and we will be takin our 3 year old son.

i really like the look of it and found some really nice apartments "matina apartments" to stay in but i just need to know if its going to be boring or not.

We went to es cana, ibiza last year which we found very boring as there wasnt alot of restaurants or things to do at all. i just dont want a repeat performance of this especially if we are there for 2 weeks!!! please help!!

Obviously we do not want anywhere with nightclubs on our front doorstep but nice family pubs with kareoke/entertainment is the kind of thing im looking for.

If you didn't like Es Cana then I don't think Pefkas is for you -perhaps look at Calan Forcat on Menocra. Child friendly resort (as is all Menorca) but with quite a few bars/ restaurants and a mini fairground.

thanks guys for advice. ive been to faliraki before a few years ago but was a total different holiday (twentys) but im really fancying pefkos for some reason, my main 2 concerns are:

1. dont want it to be too quiet and boring with nothing to do durin the daytme and

2. i have no idea whats happenin with greece and the euro at min, is it wise to be even thinkin about greece? when i say i have no idea what is oin on, i really have NO idea but keeps hearing bits and bobs on the news!!!!!

We went to Pefkos a few years ago and we really enjoyed it Lindos and the surrounding areas are very nice, there is a lot for kids and families to do,not sure what it is like now what with the Greek economical climate as it is at the moment,we went to Turkey Altinkume last year and I was very surprised how good it was and we are going back this year.

thanks guys for advice. ive been to faliraki before a few years ago but was a total different holiday (twentys) but im really fancying pefkos for some reason, my main 2 concerns are:

1. dont want it to be too quiet and boring with nothing to do durin the daytme and

2. i have no idea whats happenin with greece and the euro at min, is it wise to be even thinkin about greece? when i say i have no idea what is oin on, i really have NO idea but keeps hearing bits and bobs on the news!!!!!

I think you may have to explain what you constitute as boring (or rather what would be good for your family)

For some perfect beaches with the sea is enough for their holiday - others want amusements and karaoke - as I said before if you don't like es cana (with its low key charms) you may not like pefkos.

So if the holiday was in England would you be more likely to pick Blackpool or Fowey?

Archived