The Pension Book Cometh

coffindodger

Still can't believe I'm an OAP (for a year now). All of a sudden I was in my 40s and then whoosh I'm in my mid 60s. There are some great opportunities for youngsters now regarding technology and travel. Nonetheless I feel fortunate growing up as a kid in the 1950s. Although I lived in what was a slum area (the Park district pre-Park Hill flats) it was a great community with many smashing people. The 1960s provided some good teenage years going to the Locarno and seeing all the big names in music coming to Sheffield. Getting old then was what happened to other people but here I am.

Yes alby I have similar views. This week is the 50th anniversary of the notorious Sheffield hurricane. 50 years!!! How time flies. Still I wouldn't change growing up in the '50s & '60s for any other time.

To paraphrase Groucho Marx " It seems as if I've been around so long ,I knew Doris Day before she was a virgin" and.....

"A man's only as old as (the woman) he feels" ........ so, while ever we've got feeling.......

Archived