Will Labour ever get back in power?

Technically your gripe should be with your constituency MP as they are the only one you voted for. To say they're all liars without any proof is taking things a bit far.

The proof is all around us. It doesn't take any finding. Read any party manifesto from the past.The problem is politicians have a different definition of "lie". Remember "economical with the truth"?

I said 'is', not 'was in 1997'. So I remain right, thank you. :)

You obviously didn't get the jist of my point then. My point was that there were instances in the past when Labour got elected without the need for Scottish or Welsh votes - which contradicts your statement about the Scottish and Welsh seats making it close at each election. If it happened in the past it can certainly happen again if enough people get fed up with a Tory administration (as in 1997).

You obviously didn't get the jist of my point then. My point was that there were instances in the past when Labour got elected without the need for Scottish or Welsh votes - which contradicts your statement about the Scottish and Welsh seats making it close at each election. If it happened in the past it can certainly happen again if enough people get fed up with a Tory administration (as in 1997).
I did, I just didn't get your need for pedantry, but you fill your boots :rolleyes:

Obviously in the days before Labour got hold of education.

You are wrong again. Labour were running the education department in

the city.

I have no reason to lie about our sons achievements. The A grades were

in science subjects.

You are wrong again. Labour were running the education department in

the city.

I have no reason to lie about our sons achievements. The A grades were

in science subjects.

How long ago was it bazjea? I'm only asking because GCSEs were introduced in '86 and the last O levels were taken in '87.. a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then..

How long ago was it bazjea? I'm only asking because GCSEs were introduced in '86 and the last O levels were taken in '87.. a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then..

It was in the early 80s, so I guess it would have been GCE O level.

What ever year it was the premise of the discussion remains the same

and the post from Jim Graham, to which I was replying is incorrect.

It was in the early 80s, so I guess it would have been GCE O level.

What ever year it was the premise of the discussion remains the same

and the post from Jim Graham, to which I was replying is incorrect.

Don't you think Labour have changed somewhat since then?

Don't you think Labour have changed somewhat since then?

I can only answer to that, as far as education is concerned. I have

2 young relatives at school in the city who so far, are getting good reports

and their parents have no complaints as to the quality of their education.

Certainly nothing approaching the quote below, Which is what I originally

replied too.

Quote "Have you seen how Labour treat their old people? Their education system is little short of child abuse too."

Archived