Trying to capture fading dreams - how would you put it?

Hi Halibut,

thanks for your contribution! I guess you've got a thing about fish?!

Falling shadows, that evokes an almost physical response in me and a sense of reaching out and not being able to grab them.

And the fish image is so vivid, sparkling iridescence!, so colourful - and yet once it has disappeared into the cold waters you won't see it again in its entireness .. just the odd shimmering - love it!

And hi Phanerothyme,

that sounds familiar, the loving words and hating writing. Well, I am not sure that I hate it, I just find it hard to approach it, and yet once I am in a flow there is a sense of satisfaction and completeness that has something quite thrilling.

I was just thinking about how imagery works as a language in our dreams and how maybe that makes it difficult to translate the images in a memorable word-based language... and then I started to wonder whether some people dream in words? - DOES ANYBODY DREAM IN WORDS?

For myself I cannot say that my dreams contain much spoken language, it may be that I simply don't remember, but it certainly doesn't constitute the most memorable aspect of what I can remember at all. If at all there is anything that remains it is a certain atmosphere or feeling (quite vague and yet intense, and again not easy to put into words) that stays with me all day, overshadowing the day.

How strange that you can be immersed in a world on its own one moment and completely and inevitably loose the connection to it in the next.

Looking forward to more replies and thoughts!

Archived