Neanderthal Views

How come we don't talk about this idea in reverse? Women can be terrible boors when it comes to how they view men.

Have you picked up a women's magazine? Been in their company on a night out? Listened in to their men talk? Snuck a peek at some of the endless trash chick-lit that is pumped out every single day? Don't even think about tagging along on a hen party!

It makes your eyebrows curl.

Now that I've levelled the playing field I'll get popcorn :)

How come we don't talk about this idea in reverse? Women can be terrible boors when it comes to how they view men.

Have you picked up a women's magazine? Been in their company on a night out? Listened in to their men talk? Snuck a peek at some of the endless trash chick-lit that is pumped out every single day? Don't even think about tagging along on a hen party!

Exactly. Neanderthal views are not exclusive to blokes, Loose Women is testament to that :)

Start a thread about it. I agree with you about women's magazines and 'chick lit'. Not sure what you mean by 'men talk' however or how we (us women) view men.

It's because their dim.

they're

Perhaps the forum is simply a more accurate representation of society than the limited circles in which we tend to move, and in fact it's our real life encounters, which tend to be with people who think like ourselves, which are unrepresentative?

they're

Perhaps the forum is simply a more accurate representation of society than the limited circles in which we tend to move, and in fact it's our real life encounters, which tend to be with people who think like ourselves, which are unrepresentative?

This is true and joining SF was a very sobering moment for me. I think that the Internet has exposed just how much bigotry, racism and misogyny are still so prevalent. Such views had hitherto been pretty much confined to the pub, fringe groups, or the so called Lads' Mags, yet now there are hate sites dedicated to practically anything, forums where people have the cloak of anonymity as well as some kind of validation and 'permission' to express themselves thus. It's not just the 'uneducated' though, Unilad is a hotbed of misogyny:

http://www.thefword.org.uk/blog/2012/02/unilad_an_entir

Good on you. It's full of idiotic views, disguised as humour... just like the stuff we read on here :)

I've just looked it up on Wiki, it sounds really offensive and moronic, the female equivalent of Lads' Mags; trivial nonsense, leering and puerile double entendres, akin to Carry On films, of which I have a fond nostalgic view of, by the way, but they were of a completely different era.

Archived