Neanderthal Views

I said I wouldn't discuss with you any more because we always end up arguing. I don't like that, I like you, you know that, even with all your faults....:D So I'll not have a go at you, I'll stick to the subject..

To open another can of worms I don't think men can be feminists. I think they can see the issues and have empathy, but they're not feminists. They support the feminist cause.

To know what its like to suffered an injustice, either a real one, or one dreamed up in your pretty little head, oops sorry..:D One needs to have experienced it first hand. IMO....

I know plenty of men who are feminists and whilst they have not had the female experience, they have the ability to empathise.

Utterly wrong on both counts.

Your 'injustice' bit - it's called empathy Frank. I suspect you have a very limited capacity to use it. All your posts suggest that that's the case.

Do you think men can be feminists? I don't anymore. Its like saying middle class white people know how black working class people feel, you have to be in it to understand it really. You can have sympathy to the issue and support its aims, but to claim to be a feminist when you don't know how a woman feels, is wrong IMO

Try an independent thought, go on, you might enjoy it...:D

I know plenty of men who are feminists and whilst they have not had the female experience, they have the ability to empathise.

That's what I said. They may empathise, but they can't claim to have the same authority as women, because they are looking from the outside..

As an example, I would like to direct you towards the thread about the barmaid :) Although, there are others, many others, which are questionable.

I've read that thread but there isn't anything I would particularly think of as being Neanderthal, just many different expressions of opinion from different angles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich

I reported "Mercurian"'s thread last night, but the Mods ain't done owt... Yeah yeah I know, contact the Helpdesk

Why do you think they are like they are, in terms of their views? Is it simply a lack of intelligence and understanding or something else?

BTW good on you

Calling the mods and admin names is a tad Neanderthal old chap :hihi:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich

I reported "Mercurian"'s thread last night, but the Mods ain't done owt... Yeah yeah I know, contact the Helpdesk

Why do you think they are like they are, in terms of their views? Is it simply a lack of intelligence and understanding or something else?

BTW good on you

Calling the mods and admin names is a tad Neanderthal old chap :hihi:

Nice attempt of misquoting. You know exactly what I mean't :)

Views are subjective.

Suppose you think that women (with working partners) should go out and concentrate on a career, and force up the price of goods for the two parent families where the woman stays at home and raises the next generation.

Suppose you think they should be liberal in their attitudes towards sex.

Whilst another person thinks a woman should have more respect and be loyal to one man, and that she should stay home, have children and keep her husband's house clean and stocked with freshly cooked nutritious food making sure he is always wearing a clean ironed shirt.

Surely neanderthal views are the one's which will make a persons genetic code extinct?

Is there such a thing? :confused:

Oh, how predictable. I was waiting for that little gem. Frank Sidney clearly seems to think so, although what attractiveness has to do with one's feminist views, I have no idea. Whichever way, a wonan's looks will be used to discredit her. If she's good looking and well groomed, she can't be a 'proper feminist' or she's a hypocrite. If she isn't then she is a feminist by default only as she's jealous of her good looking sisters and needs to get laid.:roll:

Is there such a thing? :confused:

Bless..the confused symbol really did come in handy...adding the one where you scratch your head would have been appropriate too.

We'd love to hear what you think a feminist really is..visually and mentally. Try to refrain from the Neanderthal logic that we can't take a joke as a reply.

Archived