Neanderthal Views

How come we don't talk about this idea in reverse? Women can be terrible boors when it comes to how they view men.

Have you picked up a women's magazine? Been in their company on a night out? Listened in to their men talk? Snuck a peek at some of the endless trash chick-lit that is pumped out every single day? Don't even think about tagging along on a hen party!

It makes your eyebrows curl.

Now that I've levelled the playing field I'll get popcorn :)

It's far less threatening when a woman does it though, even when it's annoying. Women also tend to be more good natured with their disinhibition than men are.

No it isn't. Do men fear sexual violence from women? Are you told how you should dress to avoid unwanted male attention or how you were 'asking for it' because your legs happened to be on display? It is different for women in this respect.

Some men DO fear all kinds of violence from some women, yes.

Some men DO get told what to wear and also what to do and say regarding attention from the female sex.

Some men DO fear all kinds of violence from some women, yes.

Some men DO get told what to wear and also what to do and say regarding attention from the female sex.

Some, I accept. It still isn't the same though. Is the average man subjected to street harassment, leering and stupid remarks on a daily basis?

No it isn't. Do men fear sexual violence from women? Are you told how you should dress to avoid unwanted male attention or how you were 'asking for it' because your legs happened to be on display? It is different for women in this respect.

That's nothing to do with gender its to do with physical strength. Lesbian rape also occurs. This is when one woman is stronger than another.

There's also plenty of example of woman on man rape, when the woman has the strength physical or otherwise. They are not as common as man on woman rape for the simple reason that men are stronger than women..

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/woman-accused-of-rape-allegedly-groomed-young-boys/article_40f8d4b4-4b9b-11e1-a6aa-001871e3ce6c.html

That's nothing to do with gender its to do with physical strength. Lesbian rape also occurs. This is when one woman is stronger than another.

There's also plenty of example of woman on man rape, when the woman has the strength physical or otherwise. They are not as common as man on woman rape for the simple reason that men are stronger than women..

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/woman-accused-of-rape-allegedly-groomed-young-boys/article_40f8d4b4-4b9b-11e1-a6aa-001871e3ce6c.html

I never denied that it happens but the threat to men is infinitely lesser than it is to women.

Do you think men can be feminists? I don't anymore. Its like saying middle class white people know how black working class people feel, you have to be in it to understand it really. You can have sympathy to the issue and support its aims, but to claim to be a feminist when you don't know how a woman feels, is wrong IMO

Try an independent thought, go on, you might enjoy it...:D

Oh there's more to it than that!

In the words of Paul Calf: "I'm a feminist, me. You've got to be these days if you want to get your end away."

Pssst. don't let on. :hihi:

Oh there's more to it than that!

In the words of Paul Calf: "I'm a feminist, me. You've got to be these days if you want to get your end away."

Pssst. don't let on. :hihi:

:hihi:

Some men know how to play the game, others are genuine and then those like Mercurial don't even try to pretend and wonder why they got short shrift!

I never denied that it happens but the threat to men is infinitely lesser than it is to women.

Yes but that's nothing to do with the gender. Its to do with the ability to do it..to sexually assault someone you'd be pretty stupid if you did it to someone who could throw you over a building..

In regards to general harrassment this follows on from the above...But granted men are more likely to harrass than women. Although having been the only man in an office full of women a few times, women can be pretty bad, especially the older ones, with suggestive comments...

Archived