Wftc increase from 16 hours to 24 hours

I actually feel quite gutted for you MissFlirt, I remember just how badly you wanted to work, and the money situation that you were in, and now to hear that it hasn't improved by much, if any, is so sad :(
Thank you :cry:. At least no-one can accuse me of being a sponger. I am earning my own money. Although I won't be having any more children as I just can't afford it. Which makes me really sad as I would love another one but I know it's not viable.

Is your partner still out of work too? :(
Yes. He and my Nan share child care when DD's not at nursery. She has 2 and a half days at nursery. My Nan's finding it harder looking after DD now as she's getting older (both my Nan and DD) and DD is a tow at times.

So would be hard for you to try and juggle childcare without needing official childminders or nurseries if he was to work then? Not a nice situation :(
Yeah would be nigh on impossible, once we paid childcare. Luckily I enjoy bargain hunting and am used to struggling now. Which is a good job really as I don't have much option. :mad:.

Just where the government think these extra hours are going to come from is beyond me.

They are thinking of making it easier for rich people to hire cleaners and other domestic servants.

"David Cameron is examining the idea of tax breaks for people who hire cleaning or other household services, as a way of generating extra jobs and freeing more women so they can join the workforce. Speaking at a Nordic summit in Sweden, he said he was interested in its government's tax break that has been praised for reducing the hidden economy in cheap domestic labour."

There is a thread here about this bizarre idea.

They are thinking of making it easier for rich people to hire cleaners and other domestic servants.

"David Cameron is examining the idea of tax breaks for people who hire cleaning or other household services, as a way of generating extra jobs and freeing more women so they can join the workforce. Speaking at a Nordic summit in Sweden, he said he was interested in its government's tax break that has been praised for reducing the hidden economy in cheap domestic labour."

There is a thread about this bizarre idea.

Hes a toff. Its only natural for him to want to look after people like himself.

Archived