Wftc increase from 16 hours to 24 hours

• 1 month later...

I went a couple of Mondays back and she knocked me £8 a week off. So I am paying £62 a week instead of £70. Then got a letter from the benefits service a couple of days ago and from the 16th of April until the 16th of December will be getting full housing benefit :banana:.

I went a couple of Mondays back and she knocked me £8 a week off. So I am paying £62 a week instead of £70. Then got a letter from the benefits service a couple of days ago and from the 16th of April until the 16th of December will be getting full housing benefit :banana:.
sounds like you got a result glad i could help :thumbsup:

Would it not be possible for you three girls to go self employed?

Suppose you all work as childcarers for 25 hours per week, for each others kids, claiming the childcare element on behalf of each other, in order to qualify for the WFTCs.

I've always wondered about whether this would be possible.

That is actually a brilliant idea - women should do this.

Great news! I knew something didn't quite sound right :)

Great news! I knew something didn't quite sound right :)
It sure didn't. It was taking more than half my wages. Hopefully when April comes and it's all sorted I can start actually looking forward to my wages as something to buy a few small luxuries with without feeling guilty. Rather than just working to pay the rent.

Another working tax change which doesnt seem to have been talked about much is the over 50 element which is being ended after April 1st,dont forget the over 50s now are the fastest growing band of people being placed on JSA.

This is going to make it not worth working if your over 50 unless you have a good qualification,and many over 50 s are going to find it hard to get a job as it is.

This is really worrying for me as I will only get this for another two years until my daughter leaves school at 18. I will then be nearly £500 a month worse off unless I can find a full time job in the meantime.

Seems funny as you say everyone can claim this except people in their 50's!

I will then be 52 so prob have little prospect of getting a new job I will be really screwed.

Archived