The Sun - arrests

5 journos at dep editor/chief reorter level arrested and join the likes of rebekah wade and andy coulson, serving coppers and soldiers in the 'going to jail' club - murdoch flying in for crisis meetings (I guess he won't be as vague as he was at the select committee) speculation that the authorities are preparing 'not a fit and proper ..' case against news int'ls holding in sky - chickens coming home to roost!!

THE SUN - DON'T BLOODY BUY IT, LET'S HELP TO ERASE THIS CANCER FROM THE COUNTRY.

News International is talking about draining the swamp but I think a sewer is a more accurate metaphor. It doesn't look good for the newspaper's survival. Murdoch will pull the plug as he did with the NOTW. I wonder which rag the retards who read the Sun will switch to in future.

News International is talking about draining the swamp but I think a sewer is a more accurate metaphor. It doesn't look good for the newspaper's survival. Murdoch will pull the plug as he did with the NOTW. I wonder which rag the retards who read the Sun will switch to in future.

I think most of the gob-frothers on here, who can read, read the Daily Liar.:rolleyes:

5 journos at dep editor/chief reorter level arrested and join the likes of rebekah wade and andy coulson, serving coppers and soldiers in the 'going to jail' club - murdoch flying in for crisis meetings (I guess he won't be as vague as he was at the select committee) speculation that the authorities are preparing 'not a fit and proper ..' case against news int'ls holding in sky - chickens coming home to roost!!

THE SUN - DON'T BLOODY BUY IT, LET'S HELP TO ERASE THIS CANCER FROM THE COUNTRY.

Can't be too much of a popular paper,only has 7 million readers, thats not many for a newspaper.

Can't be too much of a popular paper,only has 7 million readers, thats not many for a newspaper.

I'm not saying it isn't popular, I'm saying it's corrupt and that news international acts like a gangster set up in 1930s chicago - paying off public officials and using protection racket tactics - we break the the law, you intervene and you'll regret it. without news international the country would be a much better place.

I'm not saying it isn't popular, I'm saying it's corrupt and that news international acts like a gangster set up in 1930s chicago - paying off public officials and using protection racket tactics - we break the the law, you intervene and you'll regret it. without news international the country would be a much better place.

To be fair they have uncovered many stories that are definitely in the public interest to be revealed. And sometimes you have to go outside the law to catch a bad guy.

Anyway Murdoch says he's not closing it down according to the BBC so looks like it's staying with us.

To be fair they have uncovered many stories that are definitely in the public interest to be revealed. And sometimes you have to go outside the law to catch a bad guy.

Anyway Murdoch says he's not closing it down according to the BBC so looks like it's staying with us.

so finding out that some slapper is screwing some tv presenter is worth hacking milly dowler's phone for?

more importantly - corrupting police and other public servants is ok so long as you get a story about the odd vicar? the sun doesn't break great stories , even the times doesn't anymore, it runs tittle tattle and threatens anyone who has crossed it with ruin - murdoch's problem is whether its worth having with the illegality and power gone.

The Sun switched support to Labour on 18 March 1997, six weeks before the General Election victory which saw Labour leader Tony Blair become Prime Minister with a large parliamentary majority, despite the paper having attacked Blair and New Labour up to a month earlier. Its front page headline read THE SUN BACKS BLAIR and its front page editorial made clear that while it still opposed some New Labour policies, such as the Minimum Wage and Devolution, it believed Blair to be "the breath of fresh air this great country needs."

LINK

How wrong can you get?

Trevor Kavanagh (associated editor of the Sun) used his column this last Monday to complain that 5 senior journalists:

"Were needlesslessly dragged from their beds in dawn raids and humiliated while their homes were ransacked by officers". He accused the police of treating them "like members of an organised crime gang".

As far as I'm concerned the Sun are just getting what they have been happy to dish out over the decades and they dont like it.

Archived