Sheffield City Council, Traffic section 1967

coddy

Just listening to the radio took me right back to being 17 again!! I did all the typing for an office full of guys. Peter Charbonneau used to sing to me (which is why the radio just took me back), cant remember the names of the other guys but also had a friend by the name of John Hadwick who worked in another dept who I also knew from various partys I went to in my school days. Anyone know what happened to them or anyone else from that office?

Hi coddy - Peter Charboneau is an easy name to research (the 2004 electoral roll has only six people in the UK with this surname). The births and marriages indexes show that a Peter Charboneau was born in Sheffield in 1947 and married a Margaret A. Fisher at Bakewell in 1972. The 2004 electoral roll shows them at an address near Derby.

A John S. Hadwick was born in Sheffield in 1948, and he evidently married Heather M. Lister in 1974. They had two daughters, Catherine and Anna. The electoral roll shows Heather M., Catherine and Anna Hadwick at an address near Rotherham, but John is not listed.

PM me if you'd like either address..:)

• 8 years later...

FAO .... "Coddy"

I know it's a while ago when you posted your comment ...

I first saw it a few years back but I didn't sign up to answer .... now I have just signed up.

I don't do much "Media Chat" but thought you may still like some sort of closure .....

.... plus the fact I still have "Family Members" in Sheffield and an occasional search about my old school ....

Sheffield Central Technical School  ..... of Leopold Street"  ... so this "Forum" may be worth a go.

Anyway back to you .... "Coddy" ......

'I remember well the "Traffic Section" ... the activities and the antics.

I was shuffled round the "Engineering Sections" on "Graduate Training" so I was only in your office for six months.

"Coddy" ..... you were 5yrs younger than me ...... so I was quite happy to sing to you !!

I can't remember the staff names either .... but I do remember you were dead keen on "Horse Riding, Stabling etc."

I hope you eventually made "Horses" your career and did well ..........  

All the best to you ..... and thanks for remembering !!

🙂  🙂