A question to ale drinkers

justcustard

Hi,

I'm relatively new to the forum and on having an ale drinking related question I went to the Sheffield interests groups part of the forum and was shocked to find no ale drinking discussion group!

Guessing this is the best place to ask the question. I'm getting wed in July and need an outside / mobile bar that serve mostly ale along side other options.

I'm aware that Bradfield Brewery do this sort of thing and I've dropped them a line. Dose anyone know of any other local brewers that provide a similar sort of outside bar for hire?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. A few that I wasn't aware of there.

A suggestion from twitter was one the the caterers that we tried pj Taste. They come highly recommended for food and they said that they would source whatever local ales we would like. Unfortunately they are unavailable on out wedding day for food so I suspect the same for the bar.

@ Smithy266. We hope so but it is the first time (and the last!) that we have arranged a wedding. Our mindset from the off was to include all the things we loved and liked and wanted to share. Ale was one on mine and I suspect having it on tap will make lots of the guests happy.

I'll phone round to day and feed back what I find.

Thanks again for your help.

Good luck with your wedding day mate, sounds like you are putting a lot of thought into making it special. I like the real ale touch - that's a good one. I think most of the local breweries would put some ale on for you, I'm sure.

Bradfield and Thornbridge are 2 of my favourites and I think they both do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the tips and pointers. I thought I'd provide a little belated feedback from what I've found out so far.

Both Bradfield Brewery and The Dronfield Arms pub do Bars that you can rent out that supply good quality ale as an option. If you were looking for this sort of thing then those are the two options I go with taking account of my research and talking to them.

Unfortunately they are both booked out on my wedding date.

Local and micro brewers in and around Sheffield. I haven't contacted all of them so far but I've found that they can supply the ale and sometimes even a bar but no one I've talked do dose the whole deal, Ale, Staff and Bar.

Caterers - they also are able to supply a Bar (at varying prices) but most were unable to guarantee the ale options (at least two) due to them worrying they be left with it at the end of the night. PJ Taste were the only Sheffield based Caterer supplied bar willing to source ale for us and do the whole bar and service but again they were already booked out.

Early next week I'm going to go round / ring round local pubs and brewery to see if anyone can point me in the right direction.

It a shame. If we weren't getting married so soon after our engagement it would have been easier to sort out.

I'll let you know who I use in the end. Just hoe this helps out anyone else looking for the same sort of thing in the future.

Archived