A question to ale drinkers

justcustard

Were looking for real ales to be included as an option along with the normal beers wines and spirits.

The venue is woodlane countryside centre Stannington Sheffield. Its a blank venue for a wedding so to speak so we bring our own catering et al.

The place is licensed (though I'm aware most bars bring a licence with then). Location at the venue is either in a marquee that we'll hire separately or an adjacent room to the main hall of the barn.

One of the problems is that the real ales will need to settle for a few days, or they end up a bit on the cloudy side.

The way around that is to "re rack" them. IE let them settle in the brewery then replace the settled beer into another cask...

How many people are you expecting for your wedding? This will give you a bit of a guide as to how many beers you will need

Hi,

I'm relatively new to the forum and on having an ale drinking related question I went to the Sheffield interests groups part of the forum and was shocked to find no ale drinking discussion group!

Guessing this is the best place to ask the question. I'm getting wed in July and need an outside / mobile bar that serve mostly ale along side other options.

I'm aware that Bradfield Brewery do this sort of thing and I've dropped them a line. Dose anyone know of any other local brewers that provide a similar sort of outside bar for hire?

Thanks in advance.

lager is drunk - ale is quaffed. :D

I don't know if you want the bar to be a cash bar or not, but if not you could buy some barrels from a good brewery and let people serve themselves or have a basic bar "staffed" by mates. I've been to a few weddings where they've done this and it works really well.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived