Do you purchase online?

The reason i ask is this i work for a retail company where you can buy products both online and in store and often it can be cheaper to purchase online but some customers will NOT purchase online we get some that will willingly pay extra money rather than order online.

Now i attempted to address this by thinking of reasons why people will not order online.

I thought maybe they are not computer literate enough to order online BUT we offer a telesales department.

I thought possibly its because they dont want to wait in BUT we offer a flexible delivery and an easy reschedule service should you need it.

I thought maybe there not happy with providing card details BUT we have military grade security protecting there cards and if anything should happen ie cloned card or anything they are fully guaranteed.

The only assumption i can come to is that they just dont want to wait the delivery time but surely you would rather than pay an extra amount.?

the biggest worry for 99% of people is the card details thing...

You can say you have military grade security, and things like that, but how does the customer know? how can you prove it? show them some symbols of the companies that process and secure the payment? - then how does the customer know that's a legit company etc....

You can never prove to anyone 100% in a simple way that thier card details will be safe... and even if they are on your side, who is to say that the customer hasn't picked up some trojan from somewhere and details could be stolen and that be nothing at all to do with you..

some people just like to be 'better safe than sorry'

I do both, online for small, cheaper items and in store for the more expensive unless it's a well known retailer then I don't mind buying the expensive stuff online but on the other hand if I'm buying music I like to go out and get it and listen to it that day rather than wait days for it.

Recently though, I decided to risk buying a set of CD decks from a shop that was selling them £100 cheaper than anywhere else that I'd never heard of, I was a little worried about being conned but they turned up the next working day, so no quarrels there.

I'm always buying stuff online, I think the Bosses at Amazon are in love with me cos I'm always on Amazon pre-ordering and buying games and DVDs.

( also use a special link to Amazon that raises money for HBS Radio, the Hospital Radio charity I used to work for.

I do quite a bit of online shopping I use Amazon most, but I also shop on EBay, and online at stores like Debenhams or Marks & Spencer ect and have never had any problem with any of them and returning things has never been a problem.

The only thing I haven't done is grocery shop online, I prefer to go to the supermarket and see and handle the produce I want to buy.

Archived