Holiday in Teneriffe

Thinking of going to Teneriffe for a swift week in March. Have heard Los Gigantes is a nice place. Anyone any experience of it or good places to stay? Prefer somewhere quieter!!

I've been and I thought Los Gig was okay, but too quiet and very hilly if I remember. We stayed at somewhere else, golf was in the title but I can't remember its full name. If you hire a car its easy to get around. There's one main road that goes all the way around the island.

I prefer Lazerote though.

we've stayed at Barcelo Santiago which is near their and I wouldn't go back. We didn't fully into Los Gigantes so cant comment about their specifically but I would stay away from Puerto de Santiago. Its very Spanish and we got the feeling we were not welcome. One day we saw lots of blood on the coast path.

I've been and I thought Los Gig was okay, but too quiet and very hilly if I remember. We stayed at somewhere else, golf was in the title but I can't remember its full name. If you hire a car its easy to get around. There's one main road that goes all the way around the island.

I prefer Lazerote though.

Golf del Sur thats the name you need a car if you stay there its very nice but quiet.Las Americas is lively with lots of bars and restaurants,Los Christianos is more family friendly, in the last two resorts its mainly flat so no car required,I hope this helps!!:love:

Golf del Sur thats the name you need a car if you stay there its very nice but quiet.Las Americas is lively with lots of bars and restaurants,Los Christianos is more family friendly, in the last two resorts its mainly flat so no car required,I hope this helps!!:love:

Apart from 'cardiac hill' in Los Christianos!!!

The time before last when I went we got a car and drove the whole way around the island. Right up into the mountains. Sunshine one hour and then the next snow!

Yes we went to those places as well. Anyone going to the canaries for the first time should, IMO, try Lanzerote first. Its a better destination...Been about 5 times now,,,

Archived