Huddersfield vs Blades

canadablade

I haven't heard the interview yet.

I'd imagine that Megson is pretty safe. He's done an excellent job so far. We really are a club transformed, compared to last year and he deserves loads of credit for that.

Milan might see things differently, of course:suspect:

Agreed mate, just thought his name checking of SUFC and our two games in hand was odd, maybe just me.

Agreed mate, just thought his name checking of SUFC and our two games in hand was odd, maybe just me.

Probably just trying to shift the pressure back onto you lot. He does that frequently.

Fergie does it better though:D

I can't grumble either. Especially being 8 points clear.

To be honest, from a Sheffield point of view, Charlton are no longer in the equation, we both had our chances to catch you up and failed miserably so in S2 and S6, second spot seems like winning the league purely for the bragging rights...

Great result for the blades, i'd have been taken a point there.

Before the Wycombe game I'd have been happy to have kept the gap to the owls to just four points, so to have had two wins and the owls two losses is a major bonus for us, and means a point at S6 later this month will do fine :) But a Sheffield derby doesn't always go with the form book, it only needs an odd ref and a bit of good/bad luck and anything can happen.

Still got to get through Preston without any injuries and suspensions though... and we've got to try and build on our current good form while we still have Ched, in case we lose him in March... Complacency could be a big threat to us, particularly at home - most of the remaining games at the Lane we would expect to win usually, but we've got to show the patience we did against Wycombe when they put up a brick wall...

Who'd have thought after the home game against Huddersfield that Simmo could've been key in us winning there - back then he could barely catch a cold :) Well done to him for knuckling down and proving he's pretty decent at this level.

I haven't heard the interview yet.

I'd imagine that Megson is pretty safe. He's done an excellent job so far. We really are a club transformed, compared to last year and he deserves loads of credit for that.

Milan might see things differently, of course:suspect:

Milan hasn't backed him like he said he would has he ?

How you didn't sign Marshall is beyond me, If you had kept him you would be in our lofty position , sounds like theres something seriously wrong at the Dulux and if you dont halt the slide look for Carlisle to make a run , theres usually one team that makes a run late

Just reading the match report and what makes tonights victory even more impressive is

Town, beaten for only a third time in 55 league matches

I knew they had a good run going until Charlton beat them but only losing twice in 54 matches in damn impressive in any league ...

Tonights result should also quiten the " Blades cant beat a top 6 team" crowd ;)

Just reading the match report and what makes tonights victory even more impressive is

Town, beaten for only a third time in 55 league matches

I knew they had a good run going until Charlton beat them but only losing twice in 54 matches in damn impressive in any league ...

Tonights result should also quiten the " Blades cant beat a top 6 team" crowd ;)

Yes we have beaten hudders and MK Dons so thats that one put to bed .Its looking good right now but there is a hell of a long way to go.

After that great result I think it's ours to throw away.

The derby for us doesn't take that much significance now with regards to going up.

We could lose and still be in a very strong position.

However the other lot have to win to have any aspirations of getting automatic promotion.

My opinion of course.

Archived