World war one and world war two.

The last two world wars were fought for a just course many of our brave men sacrificed there life's for our country and freedom, there is no doubt that with out there sacrifice our life's now would be very diffident,I come from an army family my father fought and was wounded in the war my grandfather was a decorated war hero from the first world war,I have read many books on the wars but I just keep coming back to the same conclusion that in both of the wars we basically did not need to get involved as no one directly threatened or even set foot on our soil it just seems that we just got in broiled in a fight that was nothing to do with us at all, what kind of world would it have been if Hitler had won the second world war or if we did not get involved in the first place,or if the Germans had won the first world war that would have been a different world.

War is never black and white. Britain got involved with WW1 due to a loosley worded treaty which placed a moral obligation on them to defend France when Germany invaded. There was also some treaty involving Britain defending Belgium. There are so many other conflicting stories and information but had Germany invaded France the chances are they'd have come after us next. WW2 seems to follow on with Germany pressured to settle the debt from WW1 and then invading Poland - treaties and territories then come into play. Its not as simple as whether anyone has stepped on our soil or it not being our fight, there is always a bigger picture to look at.

War is never black and white. Britain got involved with WW1 due to a loosley worded treaty which placed a moral obligation on them to defend France when Germany invaded. There was also some treaty involving Britain defending Belgium. There are so many other conflicting stories and information but had Germany invaded France the chances are they'd have come after us next.

The Germans would have had no interest in invading Britain in 1914 - they didn't even want to fight the French, let alone the British. Their whole war policy, given that they had potential enemies on two fronts, was to launch a lightning invasion of France, take Paris and force the French to sign a peace treaty, so that they were free to concentrate on dealing with the invading Russian forces.

The last two world wars were fought.....

The 2 world wars were started for different reasons - the 1st to defend France against Germany and the 2nd to defend the British Empire against an expansionist Germany. The first was deadlocked till the Yanks arrived and the Russians did most of the fighting in the 2nd. Hitler couldn't win WW2 once he'd invaded the Soviet Union so we weren't as vital in Hitler's defeat as we like to think. We didn't need to get involved in either but the world isn't made up of nations who have nothing to do with each other. Britain had the world's largest empire at the time and so getting involved in foreign skirmishes was a bit of a national hobby. In fact it still is.

The Germans would have had no interest in invading Britain in 1914 - they didn't even want to fight the French, let alone the British. Their whole war policy, given that they had potential enemies on two fronts, was to launch a lightning invasion of France, take Paris and force the French to sign a peace treaty, so that they were free to concentrate on dealing with the invading Russian forces.

Well I don't know about that, it's pretty clear they were intent on becoming a world power so they may have demanded more from us starting with African colonies etc. We can only speculate really since Germany surrended.

the 2nd to defend the British Empire against an expansionist Germany.

I wouldn't agree with that. Our Empire was never threatened. Nazi Germany had expansionist plans into the slavic lands, Poland and Ukraine. They wanted a battle with Bolshevism. Our Empire was never under threat.

We went into World War 2 to fight fascism, because a fascist Europe (Spain, France, Germany, Italy) would've left us vastly isolated.

That was called the Schlieffen plan that did not work out for the Germans though.

The last two world wars were fought for a just course many of our brave men sacrificed there life's for our country and freedom, there is no doubt that with out there sacrifice our life's now would be very diffident,I come from an army family my father fought and was wounded in the war my grandfather was a decorated war hero from the first world war,I have read many books on the wars but I just keep coming back to the same conclusion that in both of the wars we basically did not need to get involved as no one directly threatened or even set foot on our soil it just seems that we just got in broiled in a fight that was nothing to do with us at all, what kind of world would it have been if Hitler had won the second world war or if we did not get involved in the first place,or if the Germans had won the first world war that would have been a different world.

Isolationism was never going to work for the UK in the 20th century. We would have been drawn into both wars sooner or later, and I guess at both the respective times it was judged that it was to our advantage if we stood shoulder to shoulder with the French from the start rather than risk France falling and then going it alone. It's worth noting that at the beginning of both wars the French army dwarfed ours.

Remember that the leaders of the day didn't have the luxury of hindsight.

Archived