UK manufacturing grows as exports continue to increase

vinyl

No it isn't, as you know only to well. The government doesn't want to confirm it because it will further damage the economy and make the government look even worse and lose them votes

Do you make this rubbish up all on your own or do you have help with it.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Mainly the media in fairness. I remember on the run up to the last recession some dumb ass woman on itv explaining with a ecstatic grin that we were about to go into a recession that couldn't be stopped because "confidence in the city" confidence her and her mates were eroding as fast as they could.

Governments shouldn't lie but they should, especially when it comes to economics be as positive as they can be. These figures are good news so shout it from the rooftops. Mecky would have us all with our heads bowed in misery until labour save us again. Moping doesn't help anyone.

There have been a few on this forum who have longed for a double dip recession so that they can slate current government policy. The fact remains we had a huge recession in 2008 where the economy shrank 6.5% and it really wrankles with some folks that it was their lot in charge when it happened.

I think some folks are very upset that we seem to be doing rather better than Europe. Some people seem to have staked a lot on us suffering a double dip recession which never happened.

Are you now going give praise where it is due to the foresight of one Gordon Brown for not taking us into the Eurozone?

He got the going rate at the time, but let's not derail the thread.

Do you applaud Gordon Browns decision not to take the UK into the Eurozone?

I think it was more a case of not daring to annoy the daily mail than bravely deciding not to do it.

But yes, if it gets you hot, I'll applaud Gordon brown for not taking us into the euro. You can chalk it up on a scoreboard (I know you've got one)

Most people's lives don't change much regardless of who is in charge. It's a shame the nutters from both sides of the political divide can't or won't see it.

He got the going rate at the time, but let's not derail the thread.

Do you applaud Gordon Browns decision not to take the UK into the Eurozone?

I'm not sure he got the going rate. I thought he announced to the world that we would be selling a shed load of gold and it caused a price crash when we sold it. Yes it was very good of Gordon not to take us into the Eurozone, What a pity he lied to us about a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty.

I'm not sure he got the going rate. I thought he announced to the world that we would be selling a shed load of gold and it caused a price crash when we sold it.

He did, just about, get the going rate at the time - unfortunately he ignored the fact that everyone who knew anything about commodities trading was telling him gold was at the bottom of a cycle and the price was appallingly low, making it a really bad time to be selling the stuff.

He did, just about, get the going rate at the time - unfortunately he ignored the fact that everyone who knew anything about commodities trading was telling him gold was at the bottom of a cycle and the price was appallingly low, making it a really bad time to be selling the stuff.

With gold trading at $1726.84 per troy ounce today he certainly proved how inept he was. "Between 1999 and 2002, Mr Brown ordered the sale of almost 400 tons of the gold reserves when the price was at a 20-year low"

But back to the thread

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16107949

It seems like our recovery is being led by exports which has got to help with our balance of payments as well.

Archived