Any one remember -Jive Turkey -

theviker

Originally posted by whothis

I remember going in to town as a 14 year old and seeing what looked like 300 people all breakin' outside The Roxy, where Odeon is now. Winston was the one who had the tunes on his "blaster". I'm not sure if this all happened before the limit started. It feels as far back as '83-'84.....not sure though..

83/84 sounds about right - i was about 12 when that was going on - unfortunately, the scene started to fall apart as I got good a couple of years later!

I don't live in sheffield , but call me crazy....

why dont you guys that used to so the DJ ing at Jive turkey, try and get one togethe agin , of cource it would have to be at the city hall

A kind of one off, revival, same music, same Djs, even dress code

If marketed and publiced well enough. You could have a winner, i know myself and many other people who no longer live in sheffield would come back.

I work as a director for the BBC and channel 4, i'm sure i could get a crew together to film the event, and make something around it. Before you get excited, i know that they would not sponcer it in any way though.

Contact me if anyone has any thoughts.

Archived