Sheffield church with lots of steps

mandyjf

It's highly unlikely that those are the front steps to the church - they're to small for starters, and you just wouldn't build a church that didn't have more adequate access. They look like steps to either a side door or the church hall

Given the above, what you're probably REALLY looking for is a church with no front steps at all, the side steps having been used to gain the height specifically for the photo taking

I think I managed to post a link to two photos of the' Mystery Church'

http://s1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh630/mandyjf/[/url]

The old All Saints on Lyons Street/Sutherland Road had steps similar to that, but I don't remember any trees next to it. It was knocked down and replaced with St Peters. Can anyone else remember any trees? :confused:

From what you say of the area she lived in this is probably wrong but, Cemetery Road Baptist Church used to have steps all the way from pavement level to doors. They went when the frontage was modernised in 1969/70.

Just wanted to contradict my own reply! Have NOW looked at the photo and it is NOT Cemetery road baptist. Sorry.

I don't know who it is; only that one of the bridesmaids is my aunt.

Have you considered sending a copy to the Sheffield Star where they do a supplement produced in Saturday's edition? I'm sure that someone would recognise the church or even the bridal party, you'd reach a wider range of people, just a thought.

Archived