Sheffield church with lots of steps

mandyjf

I thought the wall looked like sand stone, being pale and irregular. It's a shame this shot is slightly blurred.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I will look into the Star suggestion, but as I don't take the Star I'll have to buy Saturday's copy to find out what to do etc. and take it from there.

Having seen your wedding photo I am convinced I have the answer.

It was taken at St. Cuthberts FirVale. The steps are to the left of the entrance to the church and used to lead up to the church hall. The steps are still there I believe but the church hall has gone. The current church tower was not built at the time of your photo. It must have been common practice to use these steps because I have a photo with my sister has a bridesmaid taken in an identical fashion.

Hope this helps

Alan

Having seen your wedding photo I am convinced I have the answer.

It was taken at St. Cuthberts FirVale. The steps are to the left of the entrance to the church and used to lead up to the church hall. The steps are still there I believe but the church hall has gone. The current church tower was not built at the time of your photo. It must have been common practice to use these steps because I have a photo with my sister has a bridesmaid taken in an identical fashion.

Hope this helps

Alan

:clap: :clap:

for the benefit of anybody else following this thread, they're in this photo, just to the left of the church itself :thumbsup:

... and a picture of the hall

Archived