Best value PAYG SIM card

I just followed the link to Giffgiff........

How is ten pounds a month "Pay as you go"?

That's £10 a month....every month.

My pay as you go is just that. Stick ten pounds on it and top up when necessary.

Ten quid can last me 3 or 4 months.

It rings..I answer it. I only ring out if really necesary. All other calls are from the landline.

I'm using "Asda Mobile" which users the vodafone network, but interested in this thread simply because having moved house I have no signal at home.

"Asda mobile" by the way costs 10p per minute for calls, and 5p per text.

I don't do text!

Any serious suggestions for a true "pay as you go" other than the vodafone network?

I just followed the link to Giffgiff........

How is ten pounds a month "Pay as you go"?

That's £10 a month....every month.

My pay as you go is just that. Stick ten pounds on it and top up when necessary.

Ten quid can last me 3 or 4 months.

It rings..I answer it. I only ring out if really necesary. All other calls are from the landline.

I'm using "Asda Mobile" which users the vodafone network, but interested in this thread simply because having moved house I have no signal at home.

"Asda mobile" by the way costs 10p per minute for calls, and 5p per text.

I don't do text!

Any serious suggestions for a true "pay as you go" other than the vodafone network?

GiffGaff also costs 10p/min for calls, unless you buy one of their bundles which makes calls cheaper (but they expire after a month). If you buy a bundle you're under no obligation to buy one again next month. Bundles (or 'goodybags') start at £5/month, if you make more than 50 minutes of calls a month then they make it cheaper.

Along with that you get free calls to other GiffGaff users, a free £5 credit with your first topup & a £5 referral bonus for referring friends.

It's a virtual operator using the o2 network, like Asda use Vodafone's. It is true pay as you go, just like all the other network's pay as you go deals, the 'goodybags' are optional extras to make it cheaper if you use your phone a lot.

Based on your use it'll be the same price, but you'll get £5 free with the first topup. If you can convince the people that you call to sign up too, then you'll get free calls to them & free credit for referring them.

GiffGaff also costs 10p/min for calls, unless you buy one of their bundles which makes calls cheaper (but they expire after a month). If you buy a bundle you're under no obligation to buy one again next month. Bundles (or 'goodybags') start at £5/month, if you make more than 50 minutes of calls a month then they make it cheaper.

Along with that you get free calls to other GiffGaff users, a free £5 credit with your first topup & a £5 referral bonus for referring friends.

It's a virtual operator using the o2 network, like Asda use Vodafone's. It is true pay as you go, just like all the other network's pay as you go deals, the 'goodybags' are optional extras to make it cheaper if you use your phone a lot.

But that's my point.

They expire after a month.

That ain't pay as you go is it?

That's "use it or loose it".

Help..... anyone?

But that's my point.

They expire after a month.

That ain't pay as you go is it?

That's "use it or loose it".

Help..... anyone?

They are optional. You don't need to buy any Goodybags. If you don't then it's 10p/min for calls. They are useful for people who use their phone more than you do.

Sorry anywebsite.....I'm not purposely deflaming Giffgaf.

I just googled the latest from Asda mobile and they too have gone down the "x" amount a month route.

It seems I got mine just in time then.

I can manage without a signal when home.

That's assuming no one can point me to a better deal.

Sorry anywebsite.....I'm not purposely deflaming Giffgaf.

I just googled the latest from Asda mobile and they too have gone down the "x" amount a month route.

It seems I got mine just in time then.

I can manage without a signal when home.

That's assuming no one can point me to a better deal.

Which part of the word 'optional' don't you understand? :suspect:

You've been recommended to the cheapest deal, the only deal cheaper than your current one (due to the free £5, free calls to other giffgaff users & referral bonuses). You do not have to buy a topup every month, or buy an extra pre-paid bundle every month, they are optional & only make sense for people that use their phone a bit more than you do.

o2 seems to have a better signal around Sheffield than Vodafone too, I haven't found any dead spots yet, but I often failed to get a signal with Vodafone.

Just looked again......all I see is "x" amount per month.

I'm not thick. I do understand the word optional.

But I don't see any prices except "per month"

All I want is a sim card I can top up if necessary.

Archived